Is it possibke to lose 5kg in a month?? And how??

2»

Replies

• lacharlachar
    lacharlachar Posts: 7 Member
    h1udd wrote: »
    5kg is doable if you are going low carb ..... unfortunately it wont all be fat , 1-2kg is likely to be water loss from low carbing it and low glycogen levels ... the very second you eat something starchy again you will suck that water back

Hmm... i didn’t know that! So should i try a different diet?
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    kazgorat1 wrote: »

Impossible to give a specific calorie recommendation when you don't know any of her specifics. If she is working out, or very active, what you proposed could be unhealthy in her situation.

Hence all the caveats around TEE and the issues of getting into metabolic adaptation.

The OP asked how. The feasibility, sustainability and long term consequences will depend on individual factors. It is worth noting that the most recent research shows that rapid weight loss is more sustained than the traditional slow and steady, not everything we “know” is true.

If a 1200Kcal/day deficit is unrealistic because of individual factors such as height, starting weight and activity levels then the OP is not going to hit that 5kg/month target. For a short term focused loss it probably is achievable, but there would likely be an amount of lean tissue loss that could be avoided by a steadier reduction given the 65kg 165cm start point.

I answered the question asked, not the one I think they should have asked.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,846 Member
    Love, there is no different diet to achieve this. You can cut of an arm and that's the only way.

Numbers?
    So your bmi is approximately 1458, your TDEE with a sedentary lifestye about 1750. Ok, so lets say you burn about 1750kcal in a day. If you wanted to lose 5kg in a month you'd need to eat a total of 35000kcal less. That would mean each day you'd have to eat 1166kcal less.

1750-1166 = 584kcal of food only
    That would not only be foolish, but extremely unhealthy. Remember, your body needs about 1458kcal just to survive. Do you switch off your brains for this one month to achieve this? No need to work, study or do anything else? Besides, a substantial part of this loss would be muscles, not fat. So you'd be skinnyfat at the end of this month as well, and most likely lose your hair and feel completely rubbish, and not great.

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    rybo wrote: »
    You should follow the "eat a little bit less calories than your maintenance level while accurately tracking your calories" diet.

not a very catchy name is it ?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    rybo wrote: »
    h1udd wrote: »
    5kg is doable if you are going low carb ..... unfortunately it wont all be fat , 1-2kg is likely to be water loss from low carbing it and low glycogen levels ... the very second you eat something starchy again you will suck that water back

Hmm... i didn’t know that! So should i try a different diet?

You should follow the "eat a little bit less calories than your maintenance level while accurately tracking your calories" diet.

Turn it into a Haiku and you got something!