If coffee ok on a diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Question does not compute! LOL. I wouldn't give up my coffee for anything.
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are many things I’ve changed, but I will not change my coffee. I weigh mine! I put my cup with the coffee on the scale, press tare, and add half and half until I reach my preferred 2 oz. My coffee is 114 calories with the half and half plus 2 tsp sugar. I log it every day, and I’ve lost 37 lbs since September. Save your sanity and keep the coffee!
  • Hannah5147
    Hannah5147 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot i posted this, thanks for the replies. Needless to say i kept drinking my coffees!
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a delicious homemade latte with 1.5 t sugar every morning and have lost 25 lbs in the last three months—mmmmmm!
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Me without coffee is almost like a day without sunshine. Coffee is fine. I drink my coffee black, but if you add sugar or special creamers, you might have to limit the things that you add in your coffee. It can add the calories that many people don't realize. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only effective and legal weight loss supplement is caffeine.

Other than medically dictated diets (for heartburn/reflux, heart/BP issues, elimination diets for allergy diagnosis, etc.), the only reason a "diet" should eliminate caffeine is if it insists on being one of those "fat is sin, so 'clean eating' is your penance" ones.

JMO, naturally. ;)