Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

Options
Just ate a whole bar of Oreo peanut butter sent my calories into the red guess I'm not having any tea tonight grrr resistant at the restaurant deserts section just to cave at home but at least I can log the chocolate bar I would have had no idea how many calories were in the things at the restaurant

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have around 22 pounds to lose but ultimately 36 in total the thing is I have no idea whether to set my activity level to sedentary or lightly active there is around a 300cal difference I workout with weight 5 day's a week but not strenuously I can hold a conversation I also walk Mon to Fri doing the school run which is around 30min round trip at a relatively slow pace my sedentary tdee is around 1700 my lightly active one is just over 2000
  • angelsja
    Options
    Are you ranting? Or need help with calories eaten? Which restaurant?

Doesn't matter it was a cafe in a kids play area all the stuff there is home made from fresh on site so I didn't eat there as I couldn't log it
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Gotcha
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's okay I've had king sized chocolate bars before, and it's okay to indulge sometimes. Maintenance days aren't bad.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is designed is that you would eat back the exercise calories (i.e. the weight lifting or any additional workouts over and above your standard daily activity).
    You walk 30 minutes/day, I would assume with the kiddies, so not at brisk pace?
    TDEE is 1700? You must be a shorty like me!
    Maybe for the time being, just set your loss to 1/2 lb per week while you're getting yourself steady and see how it goes?
  • angelsja
    Options
    I can't even figure out what my maintenance is it's either 1700 or 2000 depending on what activity level I choose and for some reason this post posted twice 2nd time this has happened to me -_-
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It just takes time and practice to change these habits. It doesn't happen overnight. Take a few deep breaths and cut yourself some slack. You made a mistake, log it and learn from it.

And don't skip tea. It won't help.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    I have around 22 pounds to lose but ultimately 36 in total the thing is I have no idea whether to set my activity level to sedentary or lightly active there is around a 300cal difference I workout with weight 5 day's a week but not strenuously I can hold a conversation I also walk Mon to Fri doing the school run which is around 30min round trip at a relatively slow pace my sedentary tdee is around 1700 my lightly active one is just over 2000

With MFP set your activity level to what you do in your daily life before exercise and then log exercise. Eat some of your exercise calories.
    Log as best you can. If you are pretty accurate most of the time going over or guestimating occasionally isn't too bad.
    If you are not very overweight set your goal to lose .5 lb a week. You don't have to be too restrictive just eat a bit smaller portions than you used to or switch to some lower calorie choices.
    Try planning your eating for the day including a treat. You can prelog and make sure you save some calories for some chocolate.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yum.
  • angelsja
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The way MFP is designed is that you would eat back the exercise calories (i.e. the weight lifting or any additional workouts over and above your standard daily activity).
    You walk 30 minutes/day, I would assume with the kiddies, so not at brisk pace?
    TDEE is 1700? You must be a shorty like me!
    Maybe for the time being, just set your loss to 1/2 lb per week while you're getting yourself steady and see how it goes?

I'm 5ft 8 177lbs ATM 30min round trip twice a day totalling 3miles with kids so slow pace no way to know how many cals I burn lifting :/
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    @angelsja I think maybe your stats are set incorrectly? At 5'8 and your TDEE is only 1700?! or maybe that's your BMR? If I plug your stats in based on this and previous posts, your TDEE is approximately 1928 based on a sedentary level. Setting your goal right now at 1330 might be too aggressive right now for you.

I'd go back in to MFP and reset your goals accordingly.

• angelsja
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It just takes time and practice to change these habits. It doesn't happen overnight. Take a few deep breaths and cut yourself some slack. You made a mistake, log it and learn from it.

And don't skip tea. It won't help.

Not hungry now and if I was it would put me more in the red :( but my other half is now suggesting we get a takeaway :o
  • angelsja
    Options
    @angelsja I think maybe your stats are set incorrectly? At 5'8 and your TDEE is only 1700?! or maybe that's your BMR? If I plug your stats in based on this and previous posts, your TDEE is approximately 1928 based on a sedentary level. Setting your goal right now at 1330 might be too aggressive right now for you.

I'd go back in to MFP and reset your goals accordingly.

The tdee calculator I use says my tdee is 1758 BMR 1465 based on my height/weight/age and body fat percentage