Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    What does MFP guided setup say?

You don't base your weightloss on BMR, you base it on TDEE. BMR is what your body burns if you lay comatose 24/7. Your TDEE is based on what your body burns through regular activity throughout the day and is generally higher than BMR. No wonder you're feeling so miserable.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    My tdee is 1758 my BMR is 1465 as said above ^
  • Supersix67
    Supersix67 Posts: 10 Member
    Maybe the way to look at it is just a little blip. You can get back on it tomorrow. Maybe you should have one day a week when you eat what you want regardless of calories, then sensible the other days. Good luck with your journey!
  • Marilyn0924
    angelsja wrote: »

What calculator are you using and how did you calculate your bodyfat? Just curious at this point.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    I have to know, how many calories are in the chocolate? And how many calories are in your tea?

Also, now I want some tea.
  • angelsja

What calculator are you using and how did you calculate your bodyfat? Just curious at this point.

My scales have body fat calculator on them I use the calculator at hasfit.com as that's the site I use for all my workouts
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Yes iam stressing i know I can keep the weight off once it's off as I know where I went wrong the last time I just have no bloody will power I was talking to a friend the other day saying how this chocolate says a serving size is 2 squares and who eats 2 squares and puts it back she was like I do that I wish I could do that or she was saying how she couldn't finish her tinned rice pudding she ate half last time and was still hungry but couldn't eat a whole tin why the f*** am I so greedy like I could easily eat a whole pizza but she can only eat half a one and she is around the same height & weight as me :(

That's my problem too, it's hard for me to not overeat something I'm really enjoying. It helps to actively separate them into serving sizes, and put in separate baggies. That way your brain is only seeing a portion at a time, instead of the whole package. Even, things like the rice pudding can be scooped into a small bowl instead of eaten out of the package. That way you are also reminding yourself that it will still be there later, so you don't have to eat it all now.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member

Can you post a screenshot? That just seems very low -- especially when you consider that I'm 5'4", 120s, and my BMR is 1436.
  • angelsja
    I don't know how to but the website is hasfit.com/tdee-macro-calculator
  • Marilyn0924
    I just checked your site...it seemed accurate for me, maybe you typoed? I checked your stats as well, ant they don't match up to your numbers mentioned above)

FWIW, scales are notoriously incorrect for measuring bodyfat %. I'd ignore that entry completely and just calculate based on the stats you know are true. (Age/height/current weight/activity level)
    Removing the bodyfat%, it also calculates your TDEE at the 1900ish mark.

Honestly, I'd go back and reset your totals and goals.

Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    Are you ranting? Or need help with calories eaten? Which restaurant?

Doesn't matter it was a cafe in a kids play area all the stuff there is home made from fresh on site so I didn't eat there as I couldn't log it

Things like this will happen. Events, holidays, etc and being able to manage eating on these occasions instead of saying 'I can't eat here or eat that because I did not prepare and cook it' sounds quite stressing. Adding in the feeling guilty after the fact because you ate a chocolate bar and the feelings you have 'being in the red' only exacerbates anxiety and stress levels you are having during your weight loss.

You don't have to restrict so much, but I do get it if you just started weight loss not wanting to derail progress, but just know you don't have to restrict so much you can never enjoy family, friends and social gatherings when it comes to food.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    So since you haven't given your age, I had to go with late 20s -- figuring that it wouldn't change significantly unless you were very young, or very old.

I ran each Mifflin and Benedict, assuming sedentary for each, as well as maintenance, since we're interested in the whole TDEE and not your TDEE minus a deficit.

It gave me:
    1584/1901
    1613/1936

Unless you're very old, and thus explaining the lower BMR, you need to look at your numbers again. You're pursuing far too aggressive a goal and no wonder you're not happy.

(I also ran my personal numbers through, and what it gave me was fairly accurate, albeit a bit on the low side.)
  • angelsja
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    I have to know, how many calories are in the chocolate? And how many calories are in your tea?

Also, now I want some tea.

I would assume OP means "tea" in the regional British and Irish sense of "evening meal", not just a particularly lardy cuppa.

OP, the thing about eating tea, even if it puts you over your goal, is this: the mistake is already made. Skipping tea will not undo the mistake, it will just make another mistake of disrupting your normal eating schedule and making yourself sad and hungry and, deep down, resentful. You have to accept the mistake and move on.

A takeaway is fine, just do some research in advance, choose something not too calorific, don't eat the whole portion (put half on a plate and half in the fridge for tomorrow) and don't go mad on the side dishes. There's a world of difference between a half portion of chicken cashew nut with a half portion of fried rice and 5 prawn crackers, versus the Hungry Dragon Lard-Bottom Sharing Banquet for 5.

We all have days where the wheels come off, you just need to not lose your head and keep trying. You'll get there in the end.

There was 670 cal in the chocolate bar I ate at the time I would have usually been having my tea (evening meal) so food routine not disrupted
  • angelsja
    I just checked your site...it seemed accurate for me, maybe you typoed? I checked your stats as well, ant they don't match up to your numbers mentioned above)

FWIW, scales are notoriously incorrect for measuring bodyfat %. I'd ignore that entry completely and just calculate based on the stats you know are true. (Age/height/current weight/activity level)

No idea what is going on but I just reloaded the page and got 1901 as my tdee :/ BMR 1584 suggested Cal's for weight loss 1426
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Eating a chocolate bar for dinner would be a disruption to my eating plan... :o if I had scarfed my own weight in chocolate I would not consider it dinner, I'd blush, log it, and have a meal anyway.

Take seriously the others all telling you that your calorie goal may be too low, as well, that's a very common mistake to make.
  • angelsja
    Eating a chocolate bar for dinner would be a disruption to my eating plan... :o if I had scarfed my own weight in chocolate I would not consider it dinner, I'd blush, log it, and have a meal anyway.

Take seriously the others all telling you that your calorie goal may be too low, as well, that's a very common mistake to make.

But I'm not hungry now 670 calories is around about what I would normally eat for my evening meal
  • Marilyn0924

No idea what is going on but I just reloaded the page and got 1901 as my tdee :/ BMR 1584 suggested Cal's for weight loss 1426

Ok, so that's based on a 1lb/week deficit.
    Change to 1/2 pound for now until you get over the hump of adjusting to eating less and then readjust when you're feeling more comfortable with the change.
    Also, you could add in some cardio through the week to up your calories, especially when you have special stuff coming up next week!
    Have a good remainder of your day. You'll get there.