SNACKS!... Low cal per 100g only please.

Options

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Pistachios are great. It takes some work to eat them, so you get a long-lasting snack that tastes good and has healthy fats and a little bit of protein.

Not low calorie!!!!!

It literally takes me an hour to work though 200 calories of pistachios. If they come already shelled and you stuff handfuls in your face, then sure, that's going to be a ton of calories. But for the amount of effort and the time it takes to lazily shell and snack through a couple of handfuls, it's a perfect snack for me. But then again, I savor my food. I don't wolf things down...

Ok.

You should see me with my 100 cal pack of cashew pieces, picking little shards out of the packet and eating them one by one :D Nuts are the best and also the worst!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love sardines with mustard.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm probably a little weird, but one of my favorite afternoon snacks are sardines in either hot sauce, mustard sauce, or tomato sauce...

Not weird at all. I love sardines with mustard.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    lois1231 wrote: »
    I love sardines with mustard.

HIGH calorie per 100g
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    100 g of cantelope = 34 calories!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's are 12 calories per piece, so you can have 8.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Gherkins and pickled onions around 30 cal per 100g depending on brand. For me they have the added benefit of making me feel relatively full and instantly removing food cravings, especially sweets/chocolate cravings.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Also @TerryMyfitbitsnbobs you should know most people around these forums have no idea how to compare two things. You know how when you compare two things quantitatively you need to set another property of the things to be the equal if the comparison is to make sense?

One example is if food has high calories. Usually it is implied that it is the equal weight of food. Like per 100g. If you don't set the amount any comparisons and numbers of calories would be meaningless.

Or the price of petrol. If you don't imply "per 1 litre" or per 1 barrel (i.e. per equal volume) then any price comparisons would have no meaning. You can't say the petrol is cheaper in Europe than US because half litre of petrol in Europe is cheaper than 1 litre in US.

Now.

Same things is with muscle and fat. When the weight of the two tissues are compared it is implied that equal volumes of them are compared. Otherwise comparison of its weight or calories or number of cells is meaningless. But people here don't get that for some reason. They say "1kg is 1kg" if anyone says that muscle weighs more than fat. Lol.

Like saying lettuce is not lower in calories than chocolate because 1 calorie of lettuce is 1 calorie of chocolate.
    Haha.

So on a second thought I'm not surprised how this thread came down.

Watch the woos come now. I'm outta here.

Good luck.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese cups. 4% milk fat please. 110 calories and very satiating.
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use something called "kesam" which is a high protein dairy product - like a very thick greek yoghurt. Similar to "quark" I think. It's 74 kcal and 12 grams of protein per 100 grams. Just add some berries or sweetener, and it's a great snack.

I often make sticks of carrots (41 kcal/100g) and make a dip with kesam and dipmix with it - delish. It feels fattier than hummus, which is a little boring to me.

And low calorie jello is great. You can make it with gelatine and sugar free juice and it comes in at about
    30 kcal/100g.

I recently found a recipe for vanilla pudding with egg white, vanilla protein and greek yoghurt at 100kcal/100g which I am going to try :)

• TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    TerryMyfitbitsnbobs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Also @TerryMyfitbitsnbobs you should know most people around these forums have no idea how to compare two things. You know how when you compare two things quantitatively you need to set another property of the things to be the equal if the comparison is to make sense?

One example is if food has high calories. Usually it is implied that it is the equal weight of food. Like per 100g. If you don't set the amount any comparisons and numbers of calories would be meaningless.

Or the price of petrol. If you don't imply "per 1 litre" or per 1 barrel (i.e. per equal volume) then any price comparisons would have no meaning. You can't say the petrol is cheaper in Europe than US because half litre of petrol in Europe is cheaper than 1 litre in US.

Now.

Same things is with muscle and fat. When the weight of the two tissues are compared it is implied that equal volumes of them are compared. Otherwise comparison of its weight or calories or number of cells is meaningless. But people here don't get that for some reason. They say "1kg is 1kg" if anyone says that muscle weighs more than fat. Lol.

Like saying lettuce is not lower in calories than chocolate because 1 calorie of lettuce is 1 calorie of chocolate.
    Haha.

So on a second thought I'm not surprised how this thread came down.

Watch the woos come now. I'm outta here.

Good luck.

YOU'RE BRILLIANT!!!!
    Thanks for talking sense at last.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Only eating "Low calorie / 100 grams" is like saying you only eat food that is a certain colour.

Food weight has no bearing on satiation.

100 grams of lettuce would do nothing to fuel your exercise burns, whereas 100 grams of avocado would be awesome, or even 25 grams of M&Ms. :)

Not trying to have a dig at you. Just trying to tell you about "calorie dense food" which can be very satiating.

I'm concerned you might not be eating enough with this approach to food.

Kind regards.

NOT WHAT I ASKED THOUGH!
    If you asked a barrista for a skinny latte, and he gave you a bacon milk shake because it would fill you up longer, would you be happy with the response? I've asked a simply question for information for snacks. How I use that info is a different subject. Low calorie density snacks WORK FOR ME. They make the chasm between meals a doddle, and help hugely with my diet. I know all the science behind slow burn, energy rich, fats, etc, but they are NOT what I have asked for.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    CALORIES PER 100 GRAMS ONLY PLEASE.
    A 25g bag of crisps are not very filling as a snack. For the same calories, I could eat a ridiculously large 800g of radishes. No, I would not eat that many and also I am talking about snacks, NOT main meals. I eat a 200g bag of radishes at 32 calories now instead of opening a 25g bag of crisps at 134 calories. My stomach feels 175g more full with the radishes, and have eaten 102 calories less.
    Whatever other dietary ideas you may have, I ask for one simply thing.
    CALORIES PER 100 GRAMS. Whether I eat a gram or a thousand grams.
    Please respect my request as cagging this post up with other stuff I makes it difficult to find the answers to the question I ACTUALLY ASKED.
    Thank you.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Do you often shout at people who are trying to help you?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Do you often shout at people who are trying to help you?

He only started using caps after he said like 10 timed that he is looking for food not dense in calories.
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt tubes - 50 calories and they make you feel like a kid. The whole milk version is so decadent and tasty.