Friends around my age? (20)

Options
Hello! I'm looking for friends either somewhat close to my age and/or needing to lose over 100 lbs. I'm 5'2", I currently weigh 254 lbs and am aiming to get down to 125 as my final goal.

I've struggled with eating disorders in the past, and now as I've hit my all-time high, my thoughts had started leaning towards the negative side of things once again and I knew I had to make a change for the better. However, it's really hard, because I don't know many people in my area at all. ):

I'd really like to find a buddy or two on here to support and share my journey with. :)

Replies

• slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jamie and I'm around your age :); 20. I just started using MFP last week, losing 5lbs. I currently weigh 266lbs and am looking to lose a whole person :P. I log/blog daily and am always up for meeting new people my age. I'm definitely up for finding another friend my age that I can really count on to help motivate me and in return motivate! I keep trying to get some of my friends on board, but none of them are interested. Feel free to add me :))
  • stronganddetermination
    Options
    Hi! Im 24! Feel free to add me!
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Im 25, maybe im too old :( lol
  • KRPHIN
    KRPHIN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and also have struggled with eating disorders. My weight fluctuates horribly and is now getting some serious backlash now that I'm recovering (40lb weight gain). Taking baby steps now to be healthy! Feel free to add me :)
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Hey, I'm Felicity :) I'm 20 as well, and struggled with an ED throughout high school. I've been on an off myfitnesspal for a while, but now I'm here to stay! I love meeting new people on here, and getting to know people my age, so please feel free to add me :)
  • VanillaBean21
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) I'm 23 and with this app and support from friends and family am thankfully halfway through my journey. I'm looking for support and friends who are taking this seriously. Lets lose this extra weight together. Best of luck in your journey!
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    sup!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 :)
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    go ahead and add me =) I'm 20
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm around your age (22) and height (5'2.5"). I'm currently 114lbs and trying to get down to about 110 before reevaluation, but I am mostly focusing on BF% rather than the number on the scale.

I also believe in losing weight healthy so feel free to add me if you want.
  • CupcakesAndLettuce
    CupcakesAndLettuce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm turning 20 in a week, so I'm pretty much the same age. 5ft6 trying to lose 73lbs, 3 lost so far <3
  • Sam9690
    Sam9690 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey, I'm Samantha. I'm 25 and I can relate to part of what you are going through. I don't think it's uncommon for girls our age to have struggled with some kind of eating disorder, unfortunately, but know you're not alone! I still find myself having really negative thoughts and feeling guilty over any food I eat, even if it's good for me! It's just a matter of willpower and having others around you who understand for support! I'll add you :)
  • anasheae
    anasheae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey what's up! I'm 23, 5'8" and 150 lbs. I'm aiming to lose about 30 :)
  • jenny501
    Options
    I'm 21 :) anyone feel free to add me, i think it will be good motivation!
  • karukaru
    Options
    im 23! feel free to be friend with me haha.
  • PoisonedCursed
    Options
    I'm also 5"2, and I'm gonna be 19 real soon. I could do with more friends too, would love to interact, share, motivate. Feel free to add/message me! :)
  • rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" as well, and am 19 years old. Feel free to add me. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds or so.
  • femmebb23
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 19, I weigh close to 250 pounds and I'm 5'5. For now my goal is to get back down to 220 but my ultimate goal is about 145 pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • kathrynaye
    Options
    Hey :) I'm Kathryn! Im 19! Im 5'6 and 182lbs.. Feel free to add me :)
  • tnpxx
    tnpxx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey (: I'm 19, 5'4" and currently at 215 with a goal of 125. I started at 226.8 and have lost 11 pounds since the end of June! I'm sending you a friend request and anyone else feel free to add me as well(: