meltdown city.

Options
akfinn21
akfinn21 Posts: 16 Member
i'll start off by saying i've lost 118lbs since january 2017 while on weight watchers.

i've found that weight watchers no longer feels like the right fit for me and while double-tracking my points with calories, i've only been eating 900-1100 calories a day on average and especially now that my workouts have increased, i'm not consuming enough fuel for my body.

enter MFP. and my slight mental breakdown. i'm petrified of screwing up and falling off track and gaining my weight back. now, i realize it would take a substantial screw up to gain back all i have lost, but i'm mainly worried about losing my mojo.

pretty much just wanted to vent out my feelings somewhere that people would understand. if you've made it this far, thank you for being an accepting audience!

Replies

• akfinn21
    akfinn21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thank you guys for replying ❤️ just gotta take it one day at a time and find my new groove. 30 more pounds to lose and it’ll come off when it comes off!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    akfinn21 wrote: »
    thank you guys for replying ❤️ just gotta take it one day at a time and find my new groove. 30 more pounds to lose and it’ll come off when it comes off!

you also might want to consider a diet break.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    i'm petrified of screwing up and falling off track and gaining my weight back

Know something? You'll be tracking your weight, so if you see your'e screwing up for some time, i.e. gaining for more than one or two weeks (that could be your period), you can straighten it up.
    I mean you are in the driving seat.

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options

Of Refeeds and Diet Breaks. Maybe this will be helpful.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Use MFP and accurately log everything you eat. If you notice your weight going up a little make some small minor adjustments in what you are eating. You wont accidentally gain that weight back in a short time frame. So plan you meals at least at 1200 cals per day and tweak it from there. Maybe even add some food depends on what you are seeing happening with you body. Remember not all weight gain is bad if you are adding some muscle.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost nearly the weight you have but I went from a very long, sustained caloric deficit to eating at maintenance and eating intuitively. I weigh myself every day and I've been bouncing around between 3 pounds. I think if you keep your eye on things and stay calm you'll be fine.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

Relax. Count the calories. Fuel your exercises. You'll keep the weight off.

^^ this (well said @JeromeBarry1 :smile: )
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Congrats on your awesome weight loss. Maybe you'll find this success story helpful:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1454303/2-years-of-maintenance-130-pounds-lost/p1
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I second/third this.

While you get used to MFP, set your calories at maintenance and get the hang of logging and give yourself a little adjustment time. Then, reset your goals to a reasonable deficit and kick *kitten* at what you have left to lose.