Supportive UK friends!

Options
Hi i'm a 27 year old male from Hull, in the UK, looking for supportive people with similar attitudes to myself, I've come across several people that are eating protein bars, shakes, tea/coffee for meals etc but I want poeple that are eating 'real food.'
I have nothing against those other diets, this is just how I want to do it, I see it more as a lifestyle change and so would be looking for like minded poeple.
I use MFP daily to log my meals and any exercise that I may do, we can support each other on this lifestyle journey.

I feel that I should state I have been using MFP solidly for approx 4 months and have had good results doing so.

Replies

• spotuk
    spotuk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! and good luck. Myself I have just started Exante Diet and loving it, I do low carbs " VLCD " but it works for me.
  • AndrewRe101
    AndrewRe101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am doing something similar to yourself I think, in that I am not touching any protein shakes/bars etc. I am having my 3 proper meals a day plus fruit/ veg as a snack. Cutting out junk food is proving a little difficult, but instead of having say, a full big bag of maltesers, I just have the small ones now.
  • katherine_jenkins
    Options
    Hi, I'm from the UK too and yes, I eat, instead of doing bars and shakes and things. I'm also supportive, so feel free to add me and I'll try and help anyway I can.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi, I live in Hastings, East Sussex. Feel free to ad me, it's good to have friends from the same time zone. There is a lot of Americans here and I don't understand their food, another planet lol
  • iankuk
    iankuk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heya, Londoner ere! Ive been using MFP with motivation for a few days but a member for a while! Add me peeps, motivation, willpower and support are the key! :)

Ian x
  • beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me and see my food diary. I cook nearly all my meals from scratch, love cooking so like trying new foods. I'm new on here too and finding it a refreshing change from WW.
    Cheers
    Becky
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a brummie who is trying to eat well. Do not do protein bars etc, but working on cutting out the junk! Would also welcome uk friends, so feel free to add me.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Essex here, and love real food and real beer!
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Leeds here, anyone can add :)
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time i'm not hungry or don't have time to make stuff so a shake or protein bar is ideal tbh, Even more so when they are on offer lol.

I was doing a strict keto diet and after 2 months found myself struggling to eat due to not being hungry at all. Add me if you want but you will see protein shakes/bars being used lol.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the Team UK group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/150-team-uk

There's a few of us from Hull, and nearby :-)
  • Wonderwomumof5Steph
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm from the north Wales in uk would love to meet others who are in the uk, if anyone else is in north Wales give me a shout as would love work out pals! Xx
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    That would be me then! Not a shake in sight :-) Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm in London.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am in Kent, feel free to add me, i log daily. I do eat real food, but i have a protein shake after my workout to assist with muscle recovery (also helps to bring my Cal count up :) )
  • depresseddancer
    depresseddancer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a real food person, feel free to add me :-)
  • iyerritsegan1
    Options
    Scouser! Eating 3 proper meals a day is working really well for me, as I'm dropping inches off my waist already!
    Feel free to add me, the more friends, the more support for everyone :D
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Mancunian now living in Jersey. Tried the shake diet but found when I started eating 'properly' again all the weight crept back on, so trying again now doing 3 meals a day, exercise and calories counting, working a treat so far 10lbs down in 5 weeks!!

Anyone feel free to add me, all 'real' food, fruit and veg in my diary, which is open to friends :)
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I live in Standish, near Wigan, and erm, yeah i confess to eating real food, and drinking beer. :laugh:
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Friend request sent. I also eat real food, but have had the odd protein bar after long runs so my calorie deficit isn't too big that day. I've been on here since February and have lost 30+ lbs and am well below my original target weight. I have done this by eating less crap (I'm a recovering crispaholic), but carrying on eating pretty much normally (including usually 1-2 takeaways a week!) I now just choose wisely whatever I'm putting in my mouth. Agree 100% that we need to find new lifestyles that we can stick with forever ... my new one works well for me, illustrated by the fact that I only put on 1lb on a week's holiday!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Essex here, and love real food and real beer!

Ditto, except Hampshire based

FR sent