Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Please help! I ate one cupcake

Hello. I am a prekindergarten teacher in the US and today is valentine day. We are celebrating by making cards, eating candy and cupcakes. I ate only one cupcake and it was so sweet that I couldn't stand it and had to throw half in the trash. The sweetness of it also hurt my tooth/ I assume my reaction to the sweetness came from me not having anything sweet since I started eating healthier two months ago. I ate the cupcake and I feel like ive gained 20 pounds

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Eating one cupcake won't change anything. You won't gain any weight from eating one cupcake.

Like someone else above me has said: see your doctor. And I hope those kids didn't see you throwing it away!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Also see your dentist. When I got a toothache after eating something sugary, it turned out that I needed root canal. (Of course, I ignored the issue for months; it might've just been a small cavity the first time.)
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Put it in your Food log and move on. It is one cupcake, not a bing. There is no slippery slope here, unless you create one. Don't feel guilty--cupcake is gone for good. Think in the long term, not the short term and you will realize this is not worth feeling guilty about.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Also see your dentist. When I got a toothache after eating something sugary, it turned out that I needed root canal. (Of course, I ignored the issue for months; it might've just been a small cavity the first time.)

I'm finding that, as I've gotten older, my teeth are more sensitive. I use Sensodyne toothpaste and it works for me.

I've also had a root canal (also left too long etc.).
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    It doesn't seem like you are ready to lose weight and keep it off. If having a half of a cup cake makes you feel like you gained 20lbs your image of food and a balanced diet is completely off, you have found a way to lie to yourself and vilify food.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Overly sweet things sometimes hurt my teeth because they are sensitive. Just like some very cold things.... I can only eat ice cream in small bites (makes it last longer).
    It's all about getting that bite at the right angle.... I got it down. Gimme that cupcake.....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

Please stay on track.

Thanks,
    4legs
    MFP moderator
This discussion has been closed.