To full to fit in my calories before bedtime

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Honestly though, as much as I absolutely cannot comprehend how anyone can be too full on 1400 calories, if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. That being said, I'm not someone who will EVER have to worry about losing too much weight, so I'm ecstatic on non hungry days and bank those calories for later.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    @slossia, check out sarcopinia and protein intake requirements for the elderly on google scholar.

Most research is indicating an older individual, even when not working out, needs more not less protein than a younger person to help with muscle and bone retention.

There is also research showing better uptake is achieved by ingesting 25-35g 3 times a day, rather than lower grams more frequently.

I'm 65 this year so have implemented a protein intake of .8-1g per lbs of lean bodyweight split between my 3 main meals a day. I do exercise, but keep the same intake when I don't.

Have a read and make your own decisions - just don't want you to be the guy who fell and couldn't get up B)

Cheers, h.

63--same here. You need more protein as you age. I read that we don't absorb as much as we age. My husband is 64 and 2 years ago I insisted that he supplement with protein powder--he is pescatarian. We are both very active with walking, gym and swimming. It has changed his life. He was always thin, but has now filled out with muscle very nicely and has more energy for his workouts. Seeing his results I started with protein powder too, and it makes a difference.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ice cream.

Honestly though, as much as I absolutely cannot comprehend how anyone can be too full on 1400 calories, if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. That being said, I'm not someone who will EVER have to worry about losing too much weight, so I'm ecstatic on non hungry days and bank those calories for later.

See I can get by some days on really low calories but then you get people saying oh your not eating enough but should I really eat if I'm not hungry for example if I have a good breakfast I won't eat lunch but then I'll get hungry at around 2 but I know if I eat then I won't be hungry to sit down for my family evening meal so I just ride the huger then my calories will be lower that day
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I try to eat when I’m not hungry because I constantly worry about not getting enough of essentials, like protein or enough fats so I actually eat when I’m not really that hungry I believe I lost sone appetite as I got older. I’m waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can get outside and walk to work up more of an appetite.