Good cleanse ideas? Nothing crazy just something to help re-vamp my clean eating.

Options
I have gotten a bit off track since my birthday in January, and now whatever I eat good or bad I just feel like crap. I've done fasting before, certain cleanses here and there but would love to hear your opinions, ideas? Nothing crazy maybe a day or two tops! Just want a fresh start...

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    jfan175 wrote: »
    In one night a colonoscopy prep will cleanse you to the point that your intestinal walls are sparkling. :smile:

It is almost like when you get your teeth cleaned at the dentist you don't want to dirty them by eating. I felt the same way after my colonoscopy! LOL
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    CeeMeFit12 wrote: »
    I have gotten a bit off track since my birthday in January, and now whatever I eat good or bad I just feel like crap. I've done fasting before, certain cleanses here and there but would love to hear your opinions, ideas? Nothing crazy maybe a day or two tops! Just want a fresh start...

First of all, happy birthday.
    2nd, I agree with the above that a cleanse wont really help....just get back to logging and working out. Get back into making it a habit.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    As others have said, cleanses are unnecessary as is the idea of a kick start; and clean eating is a vague subjective term that means something different to everyone. Labeling things as “bad” and “good” is also pointless. You just need to start with what ever plan tomorrow intend to follow but it sounds like you need to stop believing in woo and pseudoscience first.

If you really feel bad no matter what you eat, see a doctor.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    I have fantastic news for you! You're body has this amazing thing that cleanses and removes toxins naturally. Its called your liver.

In all seriousness those are all a massive waist of time, money and effort. Any weight that is lost is water and will come back as soon as you stop in two days. Save yourself the trouble and put the time in effort into eating well and exercising and you will feel fresh from that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    genaquino wrote: »
    I also did an apple diet (eating only apples and drinking water for the whole day) for the month of November. Not entirely. Some days I had chicken fingers. It was fun.

You may have found it fun (people find all kinds of things fun), but it wasn't healthy.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    There’s no such thing as a good cleanse.