Women - Monthly Cycle Cravings/Challenges

Options
13»

Replies

• juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I get super duper emotional (I cry so much...) and want sushi. So much sushi.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I get boob pain (which makes running on the treadmill REALLY challenging), and also get bloaty and just feel "heavy."
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No period no problem. Wish I could have it, though
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    KotoMalli wrote: »
    Hey ladies,

Many of us experience our monthly cycles differently, SO! how do YOU feel when you get yours? (=

Do you get cravings? Sleep excessively? Experience cramps? Grumpiness? I know I for one YES to ALL! How do you overcome your womanly cycle!? (Especially those cutting calories! and trying to exercise! If you're not, that's okay too!)

Most of my life my periods have been regular and pretty mild. Temporary weight gain of a couple of pounds. Tiredness and cravings maybe 1 day. Wanting to eat salty foods. Sometimes freezing cold or super hot. Worst part was always migraines just before my period would start.
    I'm 43 years old and it has been 41 days since my last period. Last month it was 33 days. Prior to that it was 22-26 days for a year. I feel frustrated that my body is doing unpredictable things. I don't feel bad physically I guess just a little out of sorts mentally. Been reading about menopause and no one says anything good about it so I feel apprehensive.

Well, I'm hoping menopause will be easy like my menstrual cycles have been. My mom said menopause wasn't that bad, except for occasional hot flashes - but even that wasn't too traumatic. She didn't seem all that cranky, so I'm hoping that's a good sign for me, too! B)

I have read that your experience will likely be similar to your close female relatives so maybe you will have an easy time if your mom did.
    My mom died several years ago so I can't ask her. She had had uterine cancer and a hysterectomy. I am not sure if she was in menopause before that. She would have been about 54 I think when she had the hysterectomy. I don't remember her acting too crazy or complaining about things but she was not one to share much of what she was feeling.
    Since my periods have never been that severe I am hoping the transition to menopause will also not be.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    For some reason I crave super weird combinations. And sandwiches. One time I invented a combination of spinach, mashed banana, cinnamon, and tomatoes on a sprouted English muffin. It was delicious! But then I tried eating it off my period and it wasn’t as good. More weird combos were bananas and peppercorn, cooked onions and pickles on toast, and ketchup and cashew butter.
    I don’t cramp on my period, but three years ago I had horrible cramps where I couldn’t even move for an hour. It went away after going vegan. Oh, and I really bitter on my period. If you don’t ask me how my day is/was, I will not like you until my period is over.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I really don't get cravings. Sometimes I'm pretty moody or have a couple of low energy days right before my breasts get super-sore and then 2 days of that, I start my actual period. I have an apparent uptick in metabolism the week before my period which is when the scale is down by about 0.5 every day for 5 days and I am always at my lowest weight for the month RIGHT before my period begins. Then it doesn't change (or goes up a little) during my period and the following week. Mostly DURING, I don't have much cramping but I just feel lazy and don't want to exercise, that is the challenge for me rather than cravings...laziness.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    yzr4ac22z3k8.gif I'm cycling to the store for flaming hot Cheetos and chocolate. Don't mind me.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I gain some water weight but otherwise not very symptomatic. BC did wonders for me.

I read this as British Columbia. I was confused for a second there.
  • gabrielle2019
    gabrielle2019 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get mood swings, cramps, no energy, I usually crave salty foods and chocolate. I’ve never had a period that started on time and my cramps were so bad that I would throw up. So I got on birth control and it’s way better but I still have mood swings and no energy and very dull cramps