Eating Enough?

Options
dimroses
dimroses Posts: 28 Member
edited February 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I can't help but think that I am not eating enough. I used to have an eating disorder and would restrict EVERYTHING that I ate, I am slowly learning to love myself and maintain a healthy balance. Especially since I LOVE FOOD.

Anywho,

Background information: Height 5ft. Weight 115lbs. I exercise about 6/7 times a week. According to my fitbit I burn about 500 calories a workout. I do a combination of Cardio/HIIT/Yoga/Strength. I also have an office job, so for most of my day I am sedentary, which is why I try to go to the gym every day for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day.

#Goals: To Tone! I can see my abs coming in, but I still see fat around it. My arms are very noticeably toned. My legs too, just not AS MUCH.

I just want to be healthy, look awesome (toned), and enjoy delicious meals.

Let me know what you think!

Do you guys think I am eating well, or is there something I am missing? Perhaps I need to be more patient?

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nothing in your post tells us what/how you’re currently eating so there’s no way to give you an answer.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    1,400-1,500 calories a day isn't enough for someone who is burning 500 calories a day through exercise. Assuming your logging is accurate and your Fitbit burns are accurate, you're setting yourself up for problems.

That said, your logging doesn't look very accurate (it looks like you're using a lot of pieces and measuring cups) and it's possible that the 500 calorie burn recorded by your Fitbit is an over-estimate.

Are you losing weight right now? If so, how much per week on average?
  • dimroses
    Options
    I don't think I have lost weight. I've pretty much stayed the same, however I have seen significant muscle growth, but I am a little concerned that I am perhaps not eating enough, thus, limiting my muscle growth
  • dimroses
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    Nothing in your post tells us what/how you’re currently eating so there’s no way to give you an answer.

Sorry, I meant to mention that my Food Diary is set as public, so feel free to look at it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dimroses wrote: »
    I don't think I have lost weight. I've pretty much stayed the same, however I have seen significant muscle growth, but I am a little concerned that I am perhaps not eating enough, thus, limiting my muscle growth

Can you clarify -- are you trying to gain weight? If you're trying to add muscle weight, it's highly likely that 1,400-1,500 isn't enough for you. And depending on what you're doing at the gym, you may be further hampering your ability to gain muscle weight. Are you following a specific lifting plan?

In any event, I think the first thing I would do in your situation is to improve the accuracy of my logging (stop logging solid food by pieces/measuring cup) to get a better idea of what I was actually consuming. That will make it easier to make adjustments.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight you don't really have that much fat to lose. My stats are the same, and the last pounds are the slowest. But with 1-2 hours at the gym I have to wonder if you're eating enough to sustain that much exercise. Are you wanting to tone and add muscle?
  • dimroses
    Options
    Yes. I want to add a little more muscle than what I currently have. My arms are defined, my legs are somewhat defined, and my stomach is slowly getting there lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,512 Member
    Options
    You might find the thread below helpful (ignore the title, a little - I know you want to gain muscle at the same weight, but it's basically the same thing):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

Eating at maintenance (steady weight) and progressive weight training are the central ideas, more or less. Great info there.

Yes, it takes patience.