I learned the difference between good idea and bad idea exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I can't even imagine what it's like to be in your shoes. I can only offer you virtual hugs. Feel free to vent whenever you want, and don't feel like you need to apologize for it! You've got this.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hang in there. I can't even imagine what it's like to be in your shoes. I can only offer you virtual hugs. Feel free to vent whenever you want, and don't feel like you need to apologize for it! You've got this.

Im so sorry to rant lol Im so stressed!!! Like it doesnt even account for the random things. Like today I went to bed last night at midnight. Put my 3 year old to bed late like 11 to be sure hed sleep. Got up at 4am to study for my exam and he is AWAKE. AWAKE at 4am! Screaming like a banshee and I am just like omg kid let me study so I came on here to distract myself because I cant read with him going AH! Ah! Ahhhh nonstop for fun and driving me nuts turning lights on and off. :( Im waiting for him to pass back out. Test is in a few hours for BIO. I had a Midterm and another Exam for chem + a quiz in the last week and I am just beat. I reread 300 pages in 2 days for my midterm for medical terminology. I was so sick I ended up in the ER and missed my Chem exam after studying for hours too. Just want to get this one over easily lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I used to walk to get groceries. When I was in the store, I carried one of those baskets they've got at the door around and once it got heavy, that's where my shopping would end.

This sounds like a good trick to not buy more than you can carry if you forget the cart again.

We have a car and I often order groceries online from a Hy-Vee store 45 minute drive away. We go and pick them up once a week and get a trunk full of stuff. We usually take care of other errands that day too. If we lived in the city we could get them delivered. We actually spend $40-50 less when I order groceries like that versus shopping in person.
    Online grocery places don't deliver to my location.
    Since you live in a city is grocery delivery from somewhere an option?

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I used to walk to get groceries. When I was in the store, I carried one of those baskets they've got at the door around and once it got heavy, that's where my shopping would end.

Not a bad idea. Walked to the store last night. After a couple of drinks with dinner, I remembered I needed Bananas for lunches. Got there and grabbed the basket with wheels and a long handle instead of the one you carry. Then realized I needed potatoes, Milk, grabbed some snacks, cheese etc. All things I knew I needed but could have put off for a trip with the truck.

Yeah, my walk home wasn't as bad as Verity's, but I had two full bags and it was cold.
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That basket thing wouldn't work. lol. I have carried so much I had to put stuff in my pockets and I just go back and get a cart Lol. Came here for a minute for my sanity. Going on 6 hours absolutely nonstop doing my Chemistry Lab Homework for this week. Almost done :( Should be done a bit after the 6 hour mark. I haven't eaten food or even drank water today...
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    First, why cant you eat when you are feeding your kids? And you must drink fluids throughout the day.

You sure are working hard taking care of the kids, and the house.

Does your husband help to take care of the kids, pick up groceries, and help keep the house clean?

Can he help take some of the load off of you? You must be exhausted and run down by now.

You need to take care of you also. I feel exhausted from reading all you have to do in a given day.
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2018
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    First, why cant you eat when you are feeding your kids? And you must drink fluids throughout the day.

You sure are working hard taking care of the kids, and the house.

Does your husband help to take care of the kids, pick up groceries, and help keep the house clean?

Can he help take some of the load off of you? You must be exhausted and run down by now.

You need to take care of you also. I feel exhausted from reading all you have to do in a given day.

My kids often won't eat unless I feed them. And it's often 2 at once I am chasing to come sit back down, etc. My son's are the ones with autism and they are super easily distracted and only 5 and 3 (I said 6 before but technically he will be 6 in March).

My fiance does help. He helps a lot, but he works 40 or more hours per week and now he is taking classes on Tuesdays and he needs to read over 100 pages per week and complete a few exams per week as well on top of his job. Then there is travel time there and back which equals about 12 hours per week since he has class as well now. So there goes 52 hours of his week without including his new homework. He has an exam to take soon (Pharmacy Technician Exam) if he ever plans on being promoted at work. He's a shift lead but he is being considered for more except he can't be unless he has a Tech license to oversee the pharmacy technicians.

He does clean some, but he is also the sole provider financially and his job is very physical. Despite shift leading he tends to be unloading trucks, stocking, etc and on his feet all day so I try to do my part as well since both of us are stretched thin. The only difference is I have some bad physical ailments along with it.

Thank you for being so kind. I honestly am exhausted nonstop and sometimes I don't know if it's fatigue due to illness or just being drained. I just did my homework for one of my 5-6 class parts (I say parts because they are split as in chemistry is chem lab, chem lecture and chem discussion, all with separate teachers and work). It took me 6 hours with one break to pee and no other breaks except when I fed my son or did other things for him.

My fiance has been watching our 3 year old for me since he got home around 1pm and my parents took the older 2 so I could do my homework but prior to noon my kid was not consolable and I couldn't do anything but take care of him. He has had a strange body rash on and off for a few weeks and the dr doesnt know why so now I need to see a dermatologist. He was itchy and screaming so I had to constantly play with him, help him scratch, bathe him, etc until he calmed down. So I need to get that derm. appointment soon. Fun stuff to add to our hectic schedule. lol. Anyway the point is I am so friggin thirsty and hungry right now! I am drinking water which is the first thing I have had today and it tastes like heaven. LOL.

But I just keep thinking what should I do before bed. Clean the bathroom? Straighten the kitchen? Get ahead on Biology homework due Friday? Or just say screw it and breathe for once. lol. I have school and need to be on a bus at 6:30am and I still need to make dinner for our son. My fiance tries but our son is so picky it is ridiculous and his wants change day to day. He often doesnt eat for days so I just try to think of creative ideas he has not had in a while. From refried beans on pizza to dorito nachos with black olives and green onion or plain canned asparagus. If it's weird for a toddler he probably wants it. lol