Protein brand

Options
2»

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Okiludy wrote: »
    I like Nutrabio Whey Isolate. I am allergic to soy and many brands use it as an emulsifier. Nutrabio doesn't cause any reaction and both the chocolate and the vanilla taste good to me. I don't even need a shaker bottle with the isolate. I just put a scoop into a small bottle of milk and it shakes up fine. Their "Muscle Matrix" brand is an isolate/casein mix that is also not bad. They also use a transparent label in that everything is listed by weight, even flavoring.

In terms of how much you need, it is around .8g-1g per lbs of lean body mass if you train. More than that really isn't needed but I get more as it fills me up nicely. My macros are set to 30c/30f/40p. I strength train for 2 hours, 4 days a week. You should try to find what works for you and eat real food for the macro if possible. If not there is nothing wrong with protein powder. In fact, it is likely more healthy than many other choices out there.

Sounds good , I will try it !
    I set up my macros 30c/30f/40p as well but it is too hard to get enough protein that’s why I am thinking to take powder, my goals are burning fat and then gaining muscles .

40% protein is a lot. I think 30%-35% is ideal.

If I set 35% protein where can I add another 5%?

Adding it to either carbs or fat is fine, it really just depends on what you find filling. It’s important to get a minimum of healthy fats and protein but other than that (or some medical concern) there’s really no reason to keep close track of macros if your goal is weight loss.
    Okiludy wrote: »
    I like Nutrabio Whey Isolate. I am allergic to soy and many brands use it as an emulsifier. Nutrabio doesn't cause any reaction and both the chocolate and the vanilla taste good to me. I don't even need a shaker bottle with the isolate. I just put a scoop into a small bottle of milk and it shakes up fine. Their "Muscle Matrix" brand is an isolate/casein mix that is also not bad. They also use a transparent label in that everything is listed by weight, even flavoring.

In terms of how much you need, it is around .8g-1g per lbs of lean body mass if you train. More than that really isn't needed but I get more as it fills me up nicely. My macros are set to 30c/30f/40p. I strength train for 2 hours, 4 days a week. You should try to find what works for you and eat real food for the macro if possible. If not there is nothing wrong with protein powder. In fact, it is likely more healthy than many other choices out there.

Sounds good , I will try it !
    I set up my macros 30c/30f/40p as well but it is too hard to get enough protein that’s why I am thinking to take powder, my goals are burning fat and then gaining muscles .

40% protein is a lot. I think 30%-35% is ideal.

If I set 35% protein where can I add another 5%?

Adding it to either carbs or fat is fine, it really just depends on what you find filling. It’s important to get a minimum of healthy fats and protein but other than that (or some medical concern) there’s really no reason to keep close track of macros if your goal is weight loss.

Ok , thanks

Personally, I would prefer to add it to carbs, but either is fine.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lois1231 wrote: »
    I use pure protein in vanilla cream and chocolate.

How’s the test? Good ?
    I like them better than others I have tried. I have tried quite a few over the years. I usually add fruit and veggies such as spinach to the vanilla one and yogurt sometimes: to the chocolate one I add bananas and peanut butter. I can't eat a lot of meat so that is one way for me to get protein in.