Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Where is everyone from?

TorontoDiane
TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
edited February 2018 in Fun and Games
Where were you born?

If you were born or raised abroad... what was your reason for moving and what country do you feel most at home in?

I am Canadian born however raised in Scotland, as I moved there when I was a baby, lived there during my childhood. I feel most at home in Scotland, however so many great opportunities in Canada, that is why my parents moved back to Canada again to start a new life. Home however will always be where my family and my heart is, my Dad and Step Mom, brother and sister and daughter are here...

what is your story ????

Replies

• tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Pleased to Meet You. I am unsure where I was born exactly as I was adopted, But I grew up in Rural Mooresville NC. I still live here today, I also stay near Myrtle Beach SC> in the fall, and 2 months a year in Kansas City KS.
    Hello Diane!
  • TorontoDiane
    Hello Tom... lovely to meet you as well.. have a great night
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Born in Texas! But I'm not country at all, just a very chill relax rocker.
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    I'm Canadian as well! Born and raised in Vancouver!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Born in a motel in rural Missouri...very mobile during my growing up years but spent most of my childhood in the Puget Sound area of Washington State. Spent most of my adult/career years overseas, mainly in Asia and Europe. Retired here to central Florida.
  • Mattty79
    Mattty79 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Born, raised and still live in Australia.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Born raised and still living happily Ireland
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    edited February 2018
    Born, raised and still living in England. Will be travelling soon but will always return to my home country.
    I love Scotland btw :)
  • TorontoDiane
    Acem24 wrote: »
    Born in Texas! But I'm not country at all, just a very chill relax rocker.

nice to meet you relaxed rocker from Texas
  • TorontoDiane
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    Born in a motel in rural Missouri...very mobile during my growing up years but spent most of my childhood in the Puget Sound area of Washington State. Spent most of my adult/career years overseas, mainly in Asia and Europe. Retired here to central Florida.

I know you are retired forces... so you have seen quite a bit of the world
  • TorontoDiane
    Mattty79 wrote: »
    Born, raised and still live in Australia.

i adore Australia... it has been years since I have been there, but many members of my family moved there in the 1940s
  • TorontoDiane
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    Born raised and still living happily Ireland

Would love to visit Ireland... only had a layover there for refuelling one time.. but plan to go as I have Irish friends who rave about it

• TorontoDiane
    angel4732 wrote: »
    Born, raised and still living in England. Will be travelling soon but will always return to my home country.

what part of England are you from? I have spent many years there as well... where are you travelling to?

I love Scotland too :)

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    gcibsthom wrote: »

I know you are retired forces... so you have seen quite a bit of the world

Quite a bit. Was once a liaison with Her Majesty's Forces so spent a bit of time in the UK. One of my favourite places on earth is Scotland (my ancestors came from there...)
  • jagrippa33
    jagrippa33 Posts: 539 Member
    Born in Hamilton OH moved to the country when I was 4 and lived here ever since! Still living in southern Ohio! Don’t plan on being here forever!
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    angel4732 wrote: »

what part of England are you from? I have spent many years there as well... where are you travelling to?

I love Scotland too :)

Lincolnshire in the east.
    I want to see parts of the US and hike some of the AT.

• HikerBabe79
    HikerBabe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Sunny Arizona
  • jamiberry13
    jamiberry13 Posts: 1 Member
    Born in Ohio, and moved all over the place...now my home is in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Born in Ohio. Grew up mostly in the Chicago suburbs. Currently living in northern Kentucky. Will move from here when my daughter goes away to college. Likely to the mountains or a lake area.
  • romeandrylan
    romeandrylan Posts: 101 Member
    Born in Wellington New Zealand. Raised in many areas of NZ
  • scompton094
    scompton094 Posts: 320 Member
    Small town Illinois.. no, not Chicago. Think cornfields
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member

I was born south of Chicago and lots of cornfields @scompton094
    But live in Tampa Fl now
  • TaThor1
    TaThor1 Posts: 19 Member
    Born in CA, lived in GA and WA, and am moving to Oregon in a little over a month!
  • marieisme2015
    marieisme2015 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Born, raised and residing in NJ.
  • michaelogle9284
    michaelogle9284 Posts: 337 Member
    Virginia
  • scompton094
    scompton094 Posts: 320 Member

I was born south of Chicago and lots of cornfields @scompton094
    But live in Tampa Fl now

Now far South?? I work by the UofI
  • TorontoDiane
    Born in Wellington New Zealand. Raised in many areas of NZ

I would love to go back to New Zealand.. my only time spent there was in the airport and the shower.. true story lol
  • TorontoDiane
    Born in Ohio. Grew up mostly in the Chicago suburbs. Currently living in northern Kentucky. Will move from here when my daughter goes away to college. Likely to the mountains or a lake area.

lots of variety when you live in a large country
  • TorontoDiane
    Born in Ohio, and moved all over the place...now my home is in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee!

sounds like a lovely place to live now

• TorontoDiane
    Sunny Arizona

sounds really nice