Options
2»

Replies

• PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    lkmtiling wrote: »
    Hi Princess
    I don’t agree...I find somebody that’s not full of confidence but can smile and have time to chat, as sexy as someone who is over confident.
    Be yourself it’s good

Ha! I can truly say that smiling and chatting has never made me sexy. But I like the thought of this being a possibility somewhere in the world :) you are an inspiration to so many of us!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I guess it depends on what confidence means to you. Me? I have complete confidence that I suck at many things, being a good person specifically. So now a days aka 'recently' I'm just trying to have little bits of confidence, little bits at a time that I'm probably ok at being a person, at best have confidence that I can become a better person.

I love this.

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    God give no one person everything.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I am sure you have a lot of other great qualities.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I am sure you have a lot of other great qualities.

Oh gee.... I could make really awesome pancakes or something...

I don't want to think that I can't have sex appeal or mojo.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Lol I did not mean it like that. Just trying to stay positive and who doesn't like a good pancake B)
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    I had something of a setback to my confidence yesterday, and writing it out makes it look kind of petty and childish, but at the time it was embarrassing.

My belly dance teacher brought several costumes to our class to give away. They are old costumes of hers and she found them while packing to move. She is around 5'3 or so, petite but curvy figure. Everyone in my class is either shorter than me but with different shapes and builds, or around my height but with a slim "model" figure. And then there's me... with over-proportioned everything :( only a few pounds overweight but 5'11" with over-sized chest, shoulders, hips, etc.

There was nothing there for me. The skirts and pants were too short and small in the hips, the tops were too small... the fact that everyone else in the class found thing that either fit perfectly or could be altered easily kind of hit home that I'm something of a freak, or at least it reinforced the feeling that I am, one that I've always had about myself. I've never liked my looks anyway, and the pitying looks from the other members of the troupe justify reinforced it.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is nothing. I get it. But it was still hurtful and embarrassing just the same, and it made me realize that, as close as I am to my goal weight right now, it won't make a difference. I'll still feel ugly.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    In high school I assumed nobody liked me and that worked beautifully. To completely isolate me and make me feel like a sore thumb, that is.

I figure if the legal system sees people as innocent until proven guilty, I’ll do the same or similar and assume people like me until they tell me otherwise.

This works especially well in the upper Midwest where everyone is too polite to tell you what they really feel.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    smjtg4r9u1bv.gif
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    smjtg4r9u1bv.gif

Oh my god Noah you are brilliant!

What is this? Lol
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    smjtg4r9u1bv.gif

Oh my god Noah you are brilliant!

What is this? Lol

Mojo Jojo
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    Hahaha that's cute!!!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    I was out somewhere last Saturday night, a place where there was a lot of people of various ages, body shapes and sizes. We're talking a huge variety. Everything you could imagine. There were two things I noticed:

A) a surprising number of women weren't of a similar size and shape as me

B) everyone was really confident and happy... and because of this, they looked awesome! No matters how much or how little they weighed! They "owned what they had"... and they were all sexy in their own way.

Now, granted, there was a lot of booze flowing everywhere (LOL) so that might have helped their confidence, but still... it was the first I understood the concept of confidence making someone sexy.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am unfamiliar with this confidence thing
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    jaycanchu wrote: »
    I am unfamiliar with this confidence thing

I am too. I see other people who seem to have it but I'm not sure how they get it. I'm working on it though.
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my confidence at work. I'm in a vary male dominated industry. Working up high on steel beam and pulling heavy chain motors up for concerts make me feel like I can do anything!