What "I know it sounds weird, but just try it" thing do you swear by?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    If you have blisters on your feet - pee on them. It has to be your own pee and you need to do it three times, without washing your feet in between. It is easier to pee into a cup and then just pour over as needed. Pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, put on some socks (so you don't tramp pee all over the place, eeew) and leave to marinade overnight. Wash in the morning and the blisters are all better

For real? or are you just wanting a bunch of people to try dousing themselves in urine! That would be kinda funny...and why your own I wonder? Not that I want to be peed on but is your own urine somewhat healing? I know your own blood serum can be in some instances.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    on the pee topic . . . spike milligan mentioned this in his book adolf hitler - my part in his downfall. "piss in them lads, let it stand overnight" when everyone had been issued with boots that didn't fit right.

he said it worked, but grain of salt: that was world war ii and the british army, so probably leather.

my contribution to this is from a thai restauranteur. i was in one when someone else at my table bit into one of those mega chilis and he came over to help.

hot water, sipped from a teaspoon. the poor girl was actually shaking with fear and had to force herself to take that first sip but it worked immediately.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    She suffered from painful cystic acne and this got rid of it.

my piano teacher (born turn of last century-ish) told me about this ouma who cured a neighbour kid's cystic acne with a muti out of either african violet or pansy leaves. basically a goop made by stewing and mashing the leaves, and it had to be taken internally. the point of her story to me was just how legendarily awful the mixture tasted, but she did also say that it worked.

trouble is, i can't remember which plant it was. so please note i am NOT responsible for any self-poisoning that might result from this post.

and here's another one i jsut learned from a chinese girl in my lifting club: she was prone to nosebleeds as a kid and her grandma used to plug the bleeding nostril with a small broccoli floret. i can actually see that one working, and why. the girl still won't eat broccoli though.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    If you have blisters on your feet - pee on them. It has to be your own pee and you need to do it three times, without washing your feet in between. It is easier to pee into a cup and then just pour over as needed. Pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, put on some socks (so you don't tramp pee all over the place, eeew) and leave to marinade overnight. Wash in the morning and the blisters are all better

For real? or are you just wanting a bunch of people to try dousing themselves in urine! That would be kinda funny...and why your own I wonder? Not that I want to be peed on but is your own urine somewhat healing? I know your own blood serum can be in some instances.

For real! I was on a promotion course for karate and got blisters over an inch in diameter on the ball of both my feet. I couldn't walk, nevermind do karate. One of the sensei's was ex-military and told me to do this (not expecting me to actually do it). I did and the next morning I was jumping and pirouetting up to him!

And I'm not sure why it is your own urine, but it has something to do with the chemical content of your blood matching
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Apparently urine is good for the skin. I knew a girl who would take her first pee of the day onto a cotton swab then wipe it on her face. She suffered from painful cystic acne and this got rid of it. I admit she had beautiful skin eventually. But I feel sorry for all the people who kissed her cheeks and touched her face not knowing.

Ouch! Desperate times. I am glad I am not a cheek kisser though!!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Plug your nose and chug water. Voila, adios hiccup's.

Even better, a spoonful (or single serving packet) of sugar or honey. Works every time, as long as you hit the back of your tounge. I've only ever had to try a second dose two times, and have NEVER had it fail or needed more than 2.
  • Momepro
    Options
    bleeping your bleep to get rid of a headache (all by yourself.... )

This works for menstrual cramps too.

Depends on the headache, occasionally the faster heartate makes my head pound harder and a mild headache turns into a migraine.
  • Momepro
    Options
    take one of those powder cheese packets from box mac & cheese and sprinkle on plain popcorn

You just... thank you :'(:)

I think I saw you can buy the powder by itself in those large size herb and seasoning jugs at Costco.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Plug your nose and chug water. Voila, adios hiccup's.

Even better, a spoonful (or single serving packet) of sugar or honey. Works every time, as long as you hit the back of your tounge. I've only ever had to try a second dose two times, and have NEVER had it fail or needed more than 2.

YES. Hold it in your mouth as long as you can, letting it melt over your tongue. Works every time.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Hot dog salad.

@bbell1985 I need more info please
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This thread has shown me that we need a hiccup cure thread

No, we've already solved that. Pay attention!

We might need an acne cure thread, though, because the options presented thus far are sub-optimal.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    a teaspoon of sugar gets rid of the hiccups immediately

Unfortunately, that counts as self-harm if you are diabetic. What would you do then? (Not getting defensive, genuinely asking for myself.)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    a teaspoon of sugar gets rid of the hiccups immediately

Any sugar will do I found (for example, skittles or other sugar candy). For whatever reason, this works for me the best and the fastest.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This thread has shown me that we need a hiccup cure thread

So make one, no one's tying you to a train track to make someone else choose options related to an ethical question.