Anyone else gluten/dairy free?

Options
Ok long story short I have hashimotos and I feel better when I don't eat gluten and dairy... however man oh man do I miss cheese and ice cream. Anyone on a similar journey?

Replies

• TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    Oh and I also try to limit my sufar/caffeine intake
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Ninebubblewaters Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me! Hashimotos and gluten fairy soy free. I make banana "Icecream" every night almost. Blend frozen banana into an ice cream consistency and I mix in chocolate chips and melt a tbsp of peanut butter for on top. Amazing!
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Options
    Gluten free... Not fairy lol
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Options
    And dairy free! Lol
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm dairy and wheat intolerant, and get super bloated and lethargic when I eat it, especially my eyes get so swollen, so I try to avoid it.

I eat sorberts or dairy free ice cream (my favorites are made of coconut milk) , or make my own banana ice cream. I don't drink coffee or anything else that requires milk, but you got all the nut milk alternatives.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Gluten free... Not fairy lol

I dunno, I kind of like the idea of a gluten fairy. I have celiac disease - I could ask her to smack a loaf of sour dough bread with her wand and make it gluten free :D
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Crohn's disease. Pretty much everything free :D just kidding, I am doing the Autoimmune Protocol to figure out my triggers.Gluten and dairy are definitely on that no-list! Why, cheese, WHY?!
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Me! I find they aggravate my IBS. Can be hard to find recipes/eat out sometimes.
  • BoaOrHat
    BoaOrHat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's a few months ago. I am already dairy free because I am vegan, but really want to try and cut out at least gluten and then maybe soy. But it is so hard!!! :(
  • katee400
    katee400 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have Graces and since reading the medical mediums thyroid book. I am now Dairy, Gluten, Soy and meat free. It is really hard but I bought the deliciously Ella books and they have great recipes for vegans and she is also gluten free.
  • katee400
    katee400 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That was supposed to say Graves not Grace!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The wife and I are virtually dairy free, we have dairy free butter, dont drink milk and the only time we have dairy is on a pizza on the one off time we have it. (about every fortnight) Our digestive system thanks us definitely! ^^
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Gluten-free and soy-free for the past 4 years. I don't avoid dairy, but I don't really eat that much of it anyway. My son, daughter-in-law, and grandson are all lactose intolerant so I've just switched to coconut milk, almond milk creamer and other alternatives. They really like Daiya cheese shreds for cooking and things like tacos. I also found a cashew based cream cheese that's really very good!
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    Me! Hashimotos and gluten fairy soy free. I make banana "Icecream" every night almost. Blend frozen banana into an ice cream consistency and I mix in chocolate chips and melt a tbsp of peanut butter for on top. Amazing!

Yum
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    I'm dairy and wheat intolerant, and get super bloated and lethargic when I eat it, especially my eyes get so swollen, so I try to avoid it.

I eat sorberts or dairy free ice cream (my favorites are made of coconut milk) , or make my own banana ice cream. I don't drink coffee or anything else that requires milk, but you got all the nut milk alternatives.

I have 1 cup of coffee in the morning but I use coconut creamer.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    katee400 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have Graces and since reading the medical mediums thyroid book. I am now Dairy, Gluten, Soy and meat free. It is really hard but I bought the deliciously Ella books and they have great recipes for vegans and she is also gluten free.

Wow that is commitment. I could give up soy but I don't know about meat.
  • angiecullifer
    angiecullifer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am gluten, dairy, hfcs, caffeine and alcohol free. The caffeine and alcohol are since August 2017 and the others since January. I have IBS and since I eliminated (per doctors orders) I have almost no symptoms. Eating out is tough, so I try not to do it.
    A note on the caffeine:
    -decaf coffee & teas are allowed up to 3% caffeine and still be considered decaf
    -chocolate has caffeine
    You probably know that, but I wanted to point it out just in case. Caffeine is a bowel stimulant.
    When going gluten free for health reasons, be aware of "hidden gluten" and do your research.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    I am gluten, dairy, hfcs, caffeine and alcohol free. The caffeine and alcohol are since August 2017 and the others since January. I have IBS and since I eliminated (per doctors orders) I have almost no symptoms. Eating out is tough, so I try not to do it.
    A note on the caffeine:
    -decaf coffee & teas are allowed up to 3% caffeine and still be considered decaf
    -chocolate has caffeine
    You probably know that, but I wanted to point it out just in case. Caffeine is a bowel stimulant.
    When going gluten free for health reasons, be aware of "hidden gluten" and do your research.

I read all of the labels. I maybe have dark chocolate at most twice a week. My gut is still messed up I suspect. I don't have IBS but if had terrible constipation for as long as I can remember.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    Options
    I've*** not if
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do for butter? It’s the last dairy food I’m holding onto because I just can’t find anything else I like eggs fried in.

My favorite milk replacement is cashew. Cashew milk ice cream tastes a lot better to me than almond or coconut, too.