Down 85#, It’s all about insulin resistance

Options
13»

Replies

• Matt151288mfp
    Matt151288mfp Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CICO that’s what counts low carb high carb what ever it boils down to calories in vs out so u could of lost that weight by not doing keto and by just tracking calories fitting in so called junk foods etc but good going either way
  • Matt151288mfp
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to say I’m a type 1 diabetic have been since Oct 2016 n I’ve got from 16 stone to 12 stone 6lbs currently and still cutting ..and I’m eating junk food every single along with healthy food CICO does work no matter what illness yes it can make it hard but it works it’s just how the body works FACTS
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    GB333 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! Don't worry about all the haters. I'm guessing 99% (maybe 100%) of them have never read any of Dr. Fung's books (or listened to his podcasts), which means their opinions are worthless. I have read The Obesity Code and I'm a believer. The science IS there and well cited in the book (and all studies used are human studies, zero animal studies.) Just keep on keepin' on and good for you for all of your success!!!!

No, the science is NOT there, unless you count cherry-picking the facts that agree with the conclusion that you want to present. I don't need to waste my time listening to/reading crap from someone to know that is crap.
  • AdrianeElaineD
    AdrianeElaineD Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Glad you found something that works good for you.. I’ve lost 100 pounds going back and forth between WW and counting calories here.. Still 50 pounds to go but not everyone has to do Keto to lose weight..
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    FWIW - http://sciencedrivennutrition.com/insulin-status-predict-carbohydrate-tolerance/

Dr Dieter (Deet-er) has a phd in exercise physiology with his dissertation focused on diabetes treatment - he works with diabetics who eat upwards of 3-400g carbs a day and have stable blood glucose levels
  • Matt151288mfp
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Don't worry about all the haters. I'm guessing 99% (maybe 100%) of them have never read any of Dr. Fung's books (or listened to his podcasts), which means their opinions are worthless. I have read The Obesity Code and I'm a believer. The science IS there and well cited in the book (and all studies used are human studies, zero animal studies.) Just keep on keepin' on and good for you for all of your success!!!!

for fung to say that a person who needs insulin can just stop it and go on his diet and will be ok? no you dont just stop insulin its dangerous and can be deadly. we arent haters just trying to stop misinformation about a quack who is a KIDNEY dr or nephrologist. he has degrees in anything else or none that I can find.

he also says its a cure for diabetes. you cant cure diabetes. you can possibly put it into a type of "remission". but many have been able to do this with weight loss and diet alone. many diabetics still eat a decent amount of carbs and have no issues. he claims insulin treatments are harmful(tell that to a type 1),

if insulin issues is what made every fat person fat then we would all be able to eat lchf and be and stay thing. I am overweight and was obese and I have NO insulin issues,no diabetes, nada. I got fat eating way too many calories and moving less. also fasting for some diabetics is a no go as it causes them more issues and for some it can cause hypoglycemia.
    FACTS I eat 260g carbs everyday n been honest some are from healthy foods rest are junk lol that’s way I sustain my caloric deficit tho with a balanace
  • Matt151288mfp
    Options

for fung to say that a person who needs insulin can just stop it and go on his diet and will be ok? no you dont just stop insulin its dangerous and can be deadly. we arent haters just trying to stop misinformation about a quack who is a KIDNEY dr or nephrologist. he has degrees in anything else or none that I can find.

he also says its a cure for diabetes. you cant cure diabetes. you can possibly put it into a type of "remission". but many have been able to do this with weight loss and diet alone. many diabetics still eat a decent amount of carbs and have no issues. he claims insulin treatments are harmful(tell that to a type 1),

if insulin issues is what made every fat person fat then we would all be able to eat lchf and be and stay thing. I am overweight and was obese and I have NO insulin issues,no diabetes, nada. I got fat eating way too many calories and moving less. also fasting for some diabetics is a no go as it causes them more issues and for some it can cause hypoglycemia.
    Type 1 for over year also so carbs or insulin ain’t making ppl fat it’s to many calories ...CICO just the way the body works n some ppl can’t get that lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Type 1 for over year also so carbs or insulin ain’t making ppl fat it’s to many calories ...CICO just the way the body works n some ppl can’t get that lol

exactly. I know how I got fat lol and it had nothing to do with insulin resistance
  • Matt151288mfp
    Options

exactly. I know how I got fat lol and it had nothing to do with insulin resistance
    Yup just eating Too many calories over your maintenance did lol
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    but but the ebil insulin!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Yup just eating Too many calories over your maintenance did lol

yep
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!