Hangry monster

Options
2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Okay now I get where that "poo" post came from. Jesse you could stand to turn it down a notch...OP asked for input, was receiving some good advice and was offering to take some of that advice and check back in. You came into that conversation with a chip on your shoulder and you came in hard....I'm not sure how you can expect anything but a defensive response from someone who you refer to as "honey".

Now...that said...OP it is possible to do a recomp where you gain muscle (very slowly) and lose fat (also slowly) while maintaining your weight but it's a delicate tightrope act. It is impossible to gain muscle tissue while simultaneously losing 1.5 pounds a week so to be blunt...that isn't happening. One can gain significant strength from neuromuscular adaptation without gaining muscle mass or even while losing muscle mass. At that agressive of a loss chances are you are losing a little lean mass as well.

I applaud your dedication to improving your health, I think it's great you've committed to exercise and haven't shyed away from heavy lifts . I'm not a fan of keto but hey if that is what gets you motivated then you do you.

All that said I do think you'd be better off and more likely to succeed long term if you ate more and adjusted your target loss rate. You wouldn't be "hangry" and you'd be more likely to conserve your lean mass.

For the record i came in like that due to the OP spreading misinformation. Especially in regards to how our bodies process and store energy. Also not to mention her complete misinformation regarding neuromuscular adaptation and PROCLAIMING that she's doing things that the most genetically gifted hormone flooded men are unable to do.

I will admit I could've gone about it better. If the OP wasn't complaining about how she's always hungry on her restrictive fad diet. Opposed to just flexible eating and being full and happy whilst reaching goals.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Okay now I get where that "poo" post came from. Jesse you could stand to turn it down a notch...OP asked for input, was receiving some good advice and was offering to take some of that advice and check back in. You came into that conversation with a chip on your shoulder and you came in hard....I'm not sure how you can expect anything but a defensive response from someone who you refer to as "honey".

Now...that said...OP it is possible to do a recomp where you gain muscle (very slowly) and lose fat (also slowly) while maintaining your weight but it's a delicate tightrope act. It is impossible to gain muscle tissue while simultaneously losing 1.5 pounds a week so to be blunt...that isn't happening. One can gain significant strength from neuromuscular adaptation without gaining muscle mass or even while losing muscle mass. At that agressive of a loss chances are you are losing a little lean mass as well.

I applaud your dedication to improving your health, I think it's great you've committed to exercise and haven't shyed away from heavy lifts . I'm not a fan of keto but hey if that is what gets you motivated then you do you.

All that said I do think you'd be better off and more likely to succeed long term if you ate more and adjusted your target loss rate. You wouldn't be "hangry" and you'd be more likely to conserve your lean mass.

For the record i came in like that due to the OP spreading misinformation. Especially in regards to how our bodies process and store energy. Also not to mention her complete misinformation regarding neuromuscular adaptation and PROCLAIMING that she's doing things that the most genetically gifted hormone flooded men are unable to do.

I will admit I could've gone about it better. If the OP wasn't complaining about how she's always hungry on her restrictive fad diet. Opposed to just flexible eating and being full and happy whilst reaching goals.

Not saying her info was good and your info was bad, but if you actually wanted to converse with her in a way that would engage her I think you went about it the wrong way. Trust me, as a regular poster on forums I get that it can get frustrating to see the same misinformation repeated over and over and sometimes that gets carried around with you as baggage and you can end up venting all that pent up baggage on the hundredth person who says it...but just because I understand doesn't mean I condone. I think you know you went too far there and an apology could go a long way to actually helping. You don't need to, I'm just suggesting.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If I had plans on ever conversing and sharing information with OP I would consider a full blown apology. Except discrediting my fact based information for her own anecdotal misinformed experiences was fairly childish in its own.

And truly. We both know her information was incorrect and that mine had actual scientific backing. Not just a doctor Oz marketing stamp of approval.

But OP. I apologize. For correction your extreme misinformation in a non desirable way.