Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Would you move?

RandJ6280
RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
If you could move to any country.... what country would you move to and why would you move there?

Replies

• Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    Well I would move city's to be closer to work. I would rather be down town Vancouver then I could just walk everywhere.
  • ZaftigBetty
    ZaftigBetty Posts: 86 Member
    Scotland. It just seems so beautiful.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    When I see that I can get a 10 room mansion in Nova Scotia for the same price as a Condo where I currently live. Open to whatever opportunities the future brings
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member

It can be very pretty...it can also be very dreary for much of the year...especially with long hours of darkness in the winter.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I’d move where the pigs and horses run wild
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Gili Air... for the snorkeling, sea turtles, friendly neighborhood cats, sunshine, boats and friendly people
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Mae Sot, Thailand....great climate, great food... and it's a border town with lots of excitement...smuggling, nefarious characters and a whole bunch of charm
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I like where I live. Can I stay put
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Scotland. It looks so beautiful and romantic, and it would be so much fun to hop on a motorcycle and drive across the country, exploring villages and castle ruins and forests. I don't mind the dreary weather and long nights :)
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Back to Germany
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I will likely retire in another country...that's a ways off so I just kinda keep myself updated on where the expat retirees are going.

Right now, we're kind of thinking Costa Rica or Panama.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    I'd move to another state. I'd really like to go to Alaska.
  • RandJ6280
    Gould118 wrote: »
    Well I would move city's to be closer to work. I would rather be down town Vancouver then I could just walk everywhere.

I like that.... I had to travel to Baltimore a few times, and I actually liked walking everywhere. No cars, no gas, no insurance worries, PLUS added benefit of walking to get extra exercise.

• RandJ6280

Scotland DOES sound nice. My son has been there on vacation with his friends family. I was stationed in England while I was in the Air Force, but never made it up to Scotland.
  • RandJ6280
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

It can be very pretty...it can also be very dreary for much of the year...especially with long hours of darkness in the winter.

I was in England, and while it was "dreary" it is all what you make out of it. When I first got there I was told, if you make plans for the weekend... and it rains.... KEEP the plans anyway.... more than likely weather WILL be a factor.... just go and have fun. All about your mindset.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    I’d move where the pigs and horses run wild

Your more than welcome to come visit Ireland anytime horses running about all over the camp up the road from me
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

Scotland DOES sound nice. My son has been there on vacation with his friends family. I was stationed in England while I was in the Air Force, but never made it up to Scotland.

Scotland’s just a colder Ireland where they deep fry everything.
  • RandJ6280
    Egger29 wrote: »
    When I see that I can get a 10 room mansion in Nova Scotia for the same price as a Condo where I currently live. Open to whatever opportunities the future brings

I just got done binge watching Anne with an "E".... I love the countryside of Nova Scotia. Would love to travel there.
  • RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I like where I live. Can I stay put

Sure you can dear ~ .... ummmm where are you?
  • RandJ6280
    Scotland. It looks so beautiful and romantic, and it would be so much fun to hop on a motorcycle and drive across the country, exploring villages and castle ruins and forests. I don't mind the dreary weather and long nights :)

Awesome that is 2 votes for Scotland... let' go.