Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Would you move?

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Norway i'd love to go there
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I like where I live. Can I stay put

Sure you can dear ~ .... ummmm where are you?

I'm I'm Canada. Toronto. It's safe, pretty, has all I need and it's home. I love to visit the world but I love my home
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member

I'm I'm Canada. Toronto. It's safe, pretty, has all I need and it's home. I love to visit the world but I love my home

Me too like a holiday but wouldn’t wanna leave Ireland some of the best special needs schools in the world,plus Guinness,plus bush mills whiskey plus great fish and chips plus warm in summer cold in winter I like weather.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    Costa Rica and Panama sound good to me. Somewhere on the beach where it's always warm.
  • ChalkSlinger
    ChalkSlinger Posts: 370 Member
    I'd stay local, here in the IS but would consider Alaska as I loved my visit there
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Smilin40 wrote: »

Me too like a holiday but wouldn’t wanna leave Ireland some of the best special needs schools in the world,plus Guinness,plus bush mills whiskey plus great fish and chips plus warm in summer cold in winter I like weather.

Ya we can be cold in the winter and humid in the summer. But I loke the changes of the seasons. Lake Ontario is here which is great in the summer, we're a big city with fabulous food and fun, close to Niagara falls. Lots if great stuff
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited March 2018
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Scotland. It just seems so beautiful.

It can be very pretty...it can also be very dreary for much of the year...especially with long hours of darkness in the winter.

I was in England, and while it was "dreary" it is all what you make out of it. When I first got there I was told, if you make plans for the weekend... and it rains.... KEEP the plans anyway.... more than likely weather WILL be a factor.... just go and have fun. All about your mindset.

Yeah, I know...most of my wife's family lives in Scotland and England...it's beautiful in the summer and when it's nice...I wouldn't want to do year around and wouldn't want to willingly move there...we visit every few years.

I was born and lived in Seattle...very similar...depressing AF long term, but beautiful when it's nice.

Granted, I've lived in the high desert of New Mexico for over 30 years where we have about 350+ days of sunshine and when it rains it typically just pores for an hour or two and then it's sunny again.

I want tropical beaches and forest...
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I love to travel and seeing different places, lands, foods, people etc. I love to watch people, learn about there lives... let's go!
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Fucksake I won’t even move in traffic without a fight I best stay put,
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    I was gonna live in Morocco!!!!Loved it there! Dancing,partying just fun! ....But then security told me that Epcot is closing & I need 2 take my suitcase & leave
  • RandJ6280
    kwph wrote: »
    I was gonna live in Morocco!!!!Loved it there! Dancing,partying just fun! ....But then security told me that Epcot is closing & I need 2 take my suitcase & leave

bahahaha, love it
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    I’d move where the pigs and horses run wild

Your more than welcome to come visit Ireland anytime horses running about all over the camp up the road from me

Say no more !
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    South of France or somewhere nice and warm in Italy or Spain. I want a nice little house in the farmlands where I can grow my own fruit trees, ride my bike along the countryside roads, and rest in the shade on a hot day.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    I love Minnesota, but would like to try out a different state. Wyoming?
  • RandJ6280
    I want to take a European River boat trip.... who wants to go?
  • RandJ6280
    I love the Oregon Coast.

I've only seen pics, but it DOES look so nice and relaxing. I love water.
  • orekosi3485
    orekosi3485 Posts: 354 Member
    I'd move to New Zealand.

I've heard that it's easier to find good jobs that pay well in the big cities than here. Plus, I like their nature which they say would take at most an hour to get to from any city.
  • mhdashler
    mhdashler Posts: 103 Member
    I spent 24 years in the Air Force and moved 10 times. I've lived in several states and have traveled to most of the rest of them. I have lived in Germany, Japan, South Korea, and Cyprus and have visited several other countries throughout Europe and Asia. I met my wife when I was in Japan and currently live on the outskirts of Tokyo. Japan is awesome!...low crime, beautiful scenery, amazing culture, and the most courteous people on the planet. But...there is also a very high cost of living, rampant racism against anyone foreign, and high pressure to conform to society norms rather than be an individual.

One thing that I have learned throughout my travels is that the old saying "The grass always seems greener on the other side" is mostly true. Vacation somewhere for a week and it will likely seem like utopia, but I can assure you that utopia does not exist. There is good and bad everywhere. You have to choose to be happy where you are. If you can't be happy where you are, I promise you that you have the ability to be miserable anywhere.
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    I’d move to Italy to reconnect with some family and enjoy the sites.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    I would move anywhere where the weather is warmer for longer durations ....I agree with what u say as far as "grass is greener" but I also know what I like where I live when it's summer time & I would love 2 live somewhere where it lasts longer ....So I'm not being completely delusional