How much are you willing to spend on temporary pants?

Options

Replies

• girlinthebox18
    girlinthebox18 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I found leggings at walmart for $2-$6, and I buy jeans at the thrift store for around $3-$5
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    i'd be naked if it wasnt for goodwill. I'm 4'11" with a "generous" hind end so it takes some looking but when i find the perfect pair of levi's for 8 bucks it makes my day.

I am in Manitoba. Never heard of that but I am pretty sure Kijiji would be a thought. We also have a local buy and sell site too. Thanks for mentioning. it. I could put up an add "in search of" type thing. Thanks.

Since a lot of people on this site are trying to slim down and lose weight, they should have a clothes swapping section where you can trade your old clothes that no longer fit for someone else's that no longer fit them, but fit you :)

Just had to give my larger ones to goodwill, but saved some clothes from before I gained that now fit ;)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Costco.....

I don't fit into Costco clothes yet :s

If this is because you need plus size, they carry a lot of plus size clothes on their website. Often cheap. And they have free shipping on clothing and toiletries because they are necessities.

If that's not why, I apologize in advance.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    i'd be naked if it wasnt for goodwill. I'm 4'11" with a "generous" hind end so it takes some looking but when i find the perfect pair of levi's for 8 bucks it makes my day.

I am in Manitoba. Never heard of that but I am pretty sure Kijiji would be a thought. We also have a local buy and sell site too. Thanks for mentioning. it. I could put up an add "in search of" type thing. Thanks.

Since a lot of people on this site are trying to slim down and lose weight, they should have a clothes swapping section where you can trade your old clothes that no longer fit for someone else's that no longer fit them, but fit you :)

Just had to give my larger ones to goodwill, but saved some clothes from before I gained that now fit ;)

I've thought about this, too. I wonder if it might somehow violate the usage terms and conditions?

• MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hit NY&Co. with a sale or coupon, and bought 2 pairs of their pants - one semi-stretch button &zipper fly and one more stretchy pull-on. I need "better" pants as an attorney and don't have time to hit thrift stores working full time, dealing with my RA diagnosis (and the billion and one Dr pats for that and my vasculitis/leg sores), and keeping up with 2 young, active boys. I spent about $50, maybe, and also got a pair of their SoHo jeans which I love. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit well bc I am short but have a large frame. Tops are so much easier - I practically live in tanks and sweater this time of year.

I have a ton of nicer clothes in size 12, which I am hoping to be back to by late Spring at worst. Then I should be set for a while.

Before the RA & rheumatoid vasculitis flare up, I would troll the sale racks at JCP, Macy's, or Kohls for pants and jeans, but I just don't have the time or strength to do it right now. And we have a pretty great thrift store I used to spend hours in where I got some great deals on designer label jeans - generally no more than $20 per pair for Seven or NYDJ!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

I've thought about this, too. I wonder if it might somehow violate the usage terms and conditions?

Exchange of personal information on the forums is strongly discouraged (although it happens all the time in less public spaces). It opens a whole can of liability worms.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend Poshmark.com enough. I don't sell anything there, but I've bought lots of things and you can find some amazing deals.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I found several pairs of pants at a consignment store. Happened to go in on a day they were having a sale and came out with five pairs and several tops for under $40. Also found a great fitting pair at Walmart (much to my surprise). They are the Faded Glory brand and the style is the Parker Pant. They are dressy enough to wear to work, at least for me, but casual enough that you could wear them elsewhere. Just enough stretch that they don't bind but they don't look like leggings.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Fortunately or unfortunately, I have kept all of my pants from the past 20 years. Can you say 'clothes hoarder'? I have every size from 10-18w. I have 1 pair of size 8 that I'm saving for only God knows what reason, except I still remember feeling good in them way back when, and I haven't seen a size 6 since High School. My husband was looking at my "kitten" last week and said, "you are going to have to go jean shopping pretty soon." I said, "yeah, in my closet."
  • joelchmielak1
    joelchmielak1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    20 bucks. Burlington coat factory. Shirts 15 bucks. Not spending more money until I’ve hit my maintenance goal.
  • fruitystix
    fruitystix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    About $10 NZD ..not sure what that is in USD. .maybe $5
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    Fortunately or unfortunately, I have kept all of my pants from the past 20 years. Can you say 'clothes hoarder'? I have every size from 10-18w. I have 1 pair of size 8 that I'm saving for only God knows what reason, except I still remember feeling good in them way back when, and I haven't seen a size 6 since High School. My husband was looking at my "kitten" last week and said, "you are going to have to go jean shopping pretty soon." I said, "yeah, in my closet."

^^^This. Except add an "s" - closets.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nothing currently - I have pants in several sizes. I've worked through all of my "fat pants" and are now in the "tweener" section of jeans/work pants. I'm glad I didn't toss everything out after the last time I lost weight, because at least I have a few essentials until I get closer to my goal weight. When I approach my goal, I imagine I will have to purchase new pants.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    being as i'm 5'3 as well i tend to be in skirts more than pants i have a pair of jeans and that's about it
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I need to wear dress pants to work 5x/week. Hard to find inexpensive ones so usually $30-40 (USD)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    kstar0327 wrote: »
    being as i'm 5'3 as well i tend to be in skirts more than pants i have a pair of jeans and that's about it

I am not really a fan of skirts. Our office is freezing year round and I am a tomboy and don't like to have to make sure I am sitting like a lady. I really hate having to figure out what matches. Then there is the whole shoe policy. (Safety) Summertime I wear golf shirts, winter I wears sweaters. I am not your average woman. Lol
  • szkasha
    szkasha Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why not just get what you have tailored? It's usually not that expense.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    szkasha wrote: »
    Why not just get what you have tailored? It's usually not that expense.

Hmm, never really thought of that! Lol. I have been so happy to not need to wear them anymore I just donated at the first opportunity possible. I will keep it in mind. Thanks.☺
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!