New to the keto diet

Options
I am new to the keto diet and am very serious about losing weight. I have tried the Atkins diet before and just could not stick to it. I am wondering if there are any other keto dieters that can share their stories. Please comment with your story. Sometimes, sharing is caring.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you have to stick to eating less. To eat keto, you have to stick to low carb, high fat.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto
  • bombdiggityDav
    bombdiggityDav Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on keto since the beginning of January. From the beginning I've been tweaking my diet and adjusting my calories as I go. Going from cyclical keto to a modified bodybuilder keto diet. (I test my urine and I still produce ketones even tho it's not a lot). As of now I'm in deep ketosis as I have switched over to higher fats and moderate protein and I know this because my ketone strips are dark purple. I do drink on the weekends but now I have limited it to only 1 night out of drinking and try to stick to hard liquor. I do take electrolyte supplements along with vitamins (zip fizz is my favorite) and salt all my foods so I know I'm getting a lot of sodium. I cycle thru 3-4 different types of food so I don't get bored and only eat twice a day because keto keeps me fuller longer and I eat less food. When I started this journey, i weighed in at 200 pounds and today I was exactly 184. Because I track my foods everyday, my body weight goes down and never up unless I do a refeed or have too much sodium which entails that im carrying water weight. Muscle mass is still there along with strength so I know I'm burning fat which is the goal. I do love keto as a tool but it's not the only way to lose fat. Hope this helps and good luck on your fitness journey! :#:#