I Eat Essentially the Same Foods Every Single Day

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My breakfast is usually more or less the same everyday...everything else is pretty varied. I get bored eating the same stuff, plus I'm kind of a foodie so I like trying different things.

I used to be a foodie. Now only once in a while now.
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    and an occasional nut

Mmmm. You should look more closely. I have a meal called ballast. This is were I will often put foods before I eat them and leave the last things I eat to hit my macros. I love nuts so I am eating 4-5oz of those a day typically as a ballast item. That's actually a huge portion of my calories for the day.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My breakfast is usually more or less the same everyday...everything else is pretty varied. I get bored eating the same stuff, plus I'm kind of a foodie so I like trying different things.

I used to be a foodie. Now only once in a while now.

Why is that? Foodie food doesn't have to be high calorie...I cook a lot of awesomeness and most of it is totally reasonable calorie wise.
  • neillc57
    neillc57 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your thoughts. So maybe not as strange as I thought it was.
    The downside to the way I am is I will often continue to eat the same things for a long time then eventually try something different as an experiment and then wish I had tried it earlier. I am resistant to trying new stuff for a time because I like what I am already eating so much.
    I do take a multi-vitamin 'just in case' each day. I figure I would eat a bit more variety if I wasn't on a fixed budget of calories and so it might be easy to miss something important.
    Obviously I have seen newspaper reports of people who only eat fries and white bread for years on end and sometimes die. I am not like this in that I like a great deal of different foods.
    I have found that keeping the weights of stuff the same each meal makes stuff easier and I will rarely have a problem hitting my macros. Some stuff like the six tomatoes I eat each day vary because they are not the same weight. Since I break up the mushrooms, green beans and chop the onions I measure out the exact quantities each time. I used to have a bit of a problem hitting my fiber macro before this and would use a supplement. Now I don't need to unless I change what I eat for some reason.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 9 egg whites for lunch for 6 weeks straight. I can eat like 4 chicken hot dogs for dinner for weeks on end. No prob.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch every day and never get tired of it. Bananna for breakfast and a turkey or ham sandwich for lunch. Snacks are the same also, either yogurt, small bagel, or a roll. Dinner's vary though.......oh and can't forget my nightly cruzan rum cocktail that never varies.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    neillc57 wrote: »
    Thanks everybody for your thoughts. So maybe not as strange as I thought it was.
    The downside to the way I am is I will often continue to eat the same things for a long time then eventually try something different as an experiment and then wish I had tried it earlier. I am resistant to trying new stuff for a time because I like what I am already eating so much.
    I do take a multi-vitamin 'just in case' each day. I figure I would eat a bit more variety if I wasn't on a fixed budget of calories and so it might be easy to miss something important.
    Obviously I have seen newspaper reports of people who only eat fries and white bread for years on end and sometimes die. I am not like this in that I like a great deal of different foods.
    I have found that keeping the weights of stuff the same each meal makes stuff easier and I will rarely have a problem hitting my macros. Some stuff like the six tomatoes I eat each day vary because they are not the same weight. Since I break up the mushrooms, green beans and chop the onions I measure out the exact quantities each time. I used to have a bit of a problem hitting my fiber macro before this and would use a supplement. Now I don't need to unless I change what I eat for some reason.

Well, think about it this way. Most people have a series of go to meals even when they don't count calories/Marcos. "It's taco tuesday!" Sound familiar? I actually believe for me it has more to do with less going "out" to eat. In retrospect, I now do not understand why the hell I would get dressed to go to some chain restaurant 3-4 times a week sometimes for, well.... sub par food. Now I can stay at home in my boxers and apron and make what I want. Lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit so yes, I too basically eat the same things each day/week.

Breakfast is eggs poached/scrambled/boiled with toast
    Lunch is sandwich/salad/soup
    Dinner is casseroles/curries/pasta/salad
    Snacks good quality chocolate or spicy crisps
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat the same 3-4 things for breakfast and snacks pretty much every day. Lunch is somewhat limited too.
    I eat a different dinner every day for a month but there are favorites that I have every month. I like to cook and I would get bored cooking the same food daily.

If you are happy with what you are doing and meeting your nutritional needs I don't see any issue.
    You could maybe switch your menu every 3 months or have 1 day a week/month where you try something different if you'd like.

I have found with my family that they would be happy rotating through the same 15- 30 meals. It does not mean they do not like other foods. I think a lot of people in the world eat a limited menu particularly if they are eating mostly locally produced foods. Historically people didn't have as many choices as we now do.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I like a variety, however when I get a hankering for something I can eat it 7 days a week. My dad however, eats the same stuff every day. Why not? It's what he likes.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am lazy. I use the same exact shopping list every week and buy the exact same things. M-F my breakfast and lunch are the exact same thing. S-S my dinner is the exact same thing the week before on that day. I know what portions to eat and that's that.