Ankle and foot pain

Options
2»

Replies

• PDR85
    PDR85 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have trouble on the treadmill due to my knees, so I will do the elliptical machine and honestly I feel like all in all I gt a better workout from it. I don't experience the pain and discomfort that I do on the treadmill, which in turn allows me to be more willing to push myself harder and go further. So I would definitely give some of the other cardio machinery a shot.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    And make sure your footwear is right for you both in actual fit and construction - for example, I have over-pronation and replace the insoles that come with my asics gel sneakers with protalus insoles.
    litoria wrote: »
    Have you tried using the eliptical? I'm a recent convert, really enjoy it and very low impact

Definitely these.
    @litoria How comparable is the elliptical to the treadmill? I used to prefer the elliptical over the treadmill and someone told me that it wasn't as good of a workout tool.

As long as you set the intensity/tension/load high enough and your pace is quick enough, it's as good or better than the treadmill, especially if you engage with your core and arms.
  • jacquelinaaa706
    jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I tried the elliptical and it was so much better...I also burned double the calories and made it a greater distance! Thanks for the advice!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Alternating shoes has helped me a bunch. I have 3 pairs that I use. I'm on my feet all day long and had bad foot pain. I never wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row. Shoe carnival has buy one get one half off so I go there to get shoes.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    dixiech1ck wrote: »
    Not sure who told you that, but the elliptical is definitely a good workout. It also places less stress on your knees. Also, stationary bike is a good alternative.

A lot of people have told me this. They say it's because it's not a natural movement. I don't know where they got their information from but that's what people say. Same people also tell me not to eat after 6 or 7pm because your body stores fat. So I take it with a grain of salt.