Weight Watchers

Options

Replies

• WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    amanda9981 wrote: »
    My friend wants me to join weight watchers with her...
    I like the idea of having an accountability partner but I don’t understand how people can lose weight eating anything in any amount because it’s on the “free points list”

Does anyone do WW? Any success stories?

I think WW can work just fine....the "free" thing I guess could be misleading, but then again, I also think people need to use some common sense.
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    amanda9981 wrote: »
    My friend wants me to join weight watchers with her...
    I like the idea of having an accountability partner but I don’t understand how people can lose weight eating anything in any amount because it’s on the “free points list”

Does anyone do WW? Any success stories?

I think WW can work just fine....the "free" thing I guess could be misleading, but then again, I also think people need to use some common sense.

It works if you limit your servings of the free foods.
  • cherylhirons
    cherylhirons Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost 55 pounds on weight watchers since October, I enjoy splurges but am eating more nutritiously overall.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    I did WW for years and lost weight ok, but the meetings weren't super helpful bc just a few people talked - and I mean all the time. On the weeks I didn't lose I felt humiliated at weigh in, even though the people weighing me in were super nice. I began to ask myself what I was paying for (and, as you know WW isn't particularly cheap).

I think in a way we all are/were looking for the program/button/pill/diet -- external to ourselves, of course -- that will make a weight problem magically go away -- and fast. I've lost 82 lbs on my own, and one thing that helped was to finally realize there isn't an external solution and that it's up to me and nobody else. I feel the same way now about paying for a gym, which I've done many times in the past. I've saved a ton of money by not paying for either.

BTW, speaking of support, MFP is great for discussions tailored to your own particular needs, such as age group, type of eating plan, workouts, etc. Also superb for tracking, obviously. If I were you I would save my money and spend it on some workout equipment you can use at home and/or some lovely, organic vegetables and fruits.
    Great insights!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ask a lot of questions so you can understand fully. Good luck.
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That article linked above doesnt say meetings or Liftetime are going away. Did I miss something?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Bchlvr64 wrote: »
    I used weight watchers years ago with great success. The new freestyle I wouldn't do. Since Jean Nidetch is gone and a new CEO Mindy Grossman is in they are completely rebranding WW. Lifetime will be phased out along with meetings. They say "healthy is the new skinny". Check out the article. https://www.fastcompany.com/40500280/how-weight-watchers-transformed-itself-into-a-lifestyle-brand

The meetings were what set WW apart from so many more affordable options!
  • reneinitaly
    reneinitaly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too am coming away finally from Weight watchers. I lost well years ago on the core program back in 2004. I really wanted to like Freestyle, but after the newness wore off it got old and inefficient very quickly for me. I have been a ww'er for so long mfp feels a bit strange, but I think I will have to be a bit more honest with myself. please feel free to add me, I would love to have some folks who understand around me.
  • SamskiB
    SamskiB Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Me and my mom joined online about a month or 2 ago but we cancelled after 1 day! We both had the same amount of points and shes much much heavier than me, we didnt see how it could benefit either of us as one was either going to be having too much and the other potentially too little! So now we are using MFP to track!