I'm so hungry! Please help me!

I have eaten 739 cals today, but have a net of 15. (yes, fifteen) I am so hungry! But I don't want to make the wrong choice by binging on all unhealthy food, because of course, that is what I am craving. So does anyone have any healthy recipe ideas? Thankyou so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Depends what you have on hand. If it were me I'd be making homemade beef burgers to have with salad and potato chips (fries) from the oven because that's what I'm craving right now. If you're craving unhealthy food, try looking up a way to make a healthy version of the food you crave (there are nearly always 'alternative' ways to eat these foods).
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    If that is you in your profile pic, you are already underweight and certainly do not want to lose 15 pounds. Get a book on basic nutrition, eat nutrient rich food and get some professional help with what might be te start of a pattern of disordered eating.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    If that is you in your profile pic, you are already underweight and certainly do not want to lose 15 pounds. Get a book on basic nutrition, eat nutrient rich food and get some professional help with what might be te start of a pattern of disordered eating.

She didn't say she wants to lose 15lbs, she said she has a net of 15 calories. Please have the respect to read someone's post properly before accusing them of having an ED.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I have had NOTHING today. My total at the end of the day will be 256 cals. I'll be about -1000 net. Why so low? 4:3 (5:2 for everyone else) and today is a fasting day.

You want to eat....eat. Nothing stopping you at all.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    salad,nuts,jerky, look in the recipe forums here on mfp
  • tusijode
    tusijode Posts: 13
    Eat. Some days I'm under my calorie goal, some days I'm over. It will balance out.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Can you have cucumbers or fruit??
  • Thankyou, I might make up a platter of fruit and veges, little bits and pieces yummy! (as a snack)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

She didn't say she wants to lose 15lbs, she said she has a net of 15 calories. Please have the respect to read someone's post properly before accusing them of having an ED.

Look at OP's profile and ticker. That's where the 15lbs is coming from.
  • If that is you in your profile pic, you are already underweight and certainly do not want to lose 15 pounds. Get a book on basic nutrition, eat nutrient rich food and get some professional help with what might be te start of a pattern of disordered eating.

thankyou, how can someone assume that I have an ED by a tiny display picture which isn't even me...
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    If she 124 and wants to get to 110 depending on her height it won't be consider underweight.
  • ruthiebaby88
    ruthiebaby88 Posts: 21 Member
    It sounds to me like that is an awfully low calorie goal. I recommend increasing your calorie goal and losing weight more slowly so that you are more likely to maintain your losses.

You could also eat something with lots of protein since you are starving, wait 30 minutes and then go and exercise it off.
  • PikaKnight
    If she 124 and wants to get to 110 depending on her height it won't be consider underweight.

So out of curiousity, how tall are you OP?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    sammich is always my go-to. minimum of 2 oz. ham and whole wheat bread for a 160 calorie base. Add cheese, more meat, and condiments as more calories are needed. In your case I'd go 4 oz. ham, swiss, and mayo on that bad boy.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    If you like salads, you could add a hard boiled egg and avocado. The healthy fats and proteins will help keep you full.
  • I am 5"4 (162cm) My weight goal will not leave me underweight. Can I please remind everyone who thinks Iam starving myself, that this post is about me asking what are some healthy alternatives to binging... nothing to do with restricting. (I am in a soccer team and had a game this morning, I burnt a lot of calories during this and now want some recipe ideas, to increase my calories)
  • sammich is always my go-to. minimum of 2 oz. ham and whole wheat bread for a 160 calorie base. Add cheese, more meat, and condiments as more calories are needed. In your case I'd go 4 oz. ham, swiss, and mayo on that bad boy.

thanks aha, it sounds good!
  • PikaKnight
    I am 5"4 (162cm) My weight goal will not leave me underweight. Can I please remind everyone who thinks Iam starving myself, that this post is about me asking what are some healthy alternatives to binging... nothing to do with restricting. (I am in a soccer team and had a game this morning, I burnt a lot of calories during this and now want some recipe ideas, to increase my calories)

Your goal is 106lbs. I'm 5'1 and that's nearing the low end of healthy weight for someone my height.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    If you knew you were playing soccer, did you have a post workout meal planned?

Cant see your diary, but lets just clarify - your net is 15. So you have 1,000 calories still to eat, yes?

I'd have some wholewheat pasta with a meat and tomato sauce.
  • If you knew you were playing soccer, did you have a post workout meal planned?

Cant see your diary, but lets just clarify - your net is 15. So you have 1,000 calories still to eat, yes?

I'd have some wholewheat pasta with a meat and tomato sauce.

I didn't plan :( I will do that in the future! Before Ieft I had a bowl of porridge and afterwards I had fish and chips. This brought me to a net of 15. Thankyou for the idea!