ketogenic diet anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    bizinfi wrote: »
    Keto Diet does not mean diet as in short term. It needs to be how a person eats for the rest of their lives.

Wrong. A person needs to eat w/ in their calorie needs for the rest of their lives, regardless of macro split.

Anyone can easily transition from one way of eating to another, as long as they are conscious of the amt of calories they are stuffing into their face-hole.

The misinformation w/ the latest influx of noobs is exasperating...and I am a long time supporter of low carb/keto as a tool, but the nonsense is out of hand.

Yes!! Thanks you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Anyone do this diet? i am looking at it and I do know it is very little carbs...but does it keep you from feeling hungry and does it work?

Yes it works. And you don't have to get hungry... You just eat 80% fat, 20g or less of carbs coming from veggies. It helps insulin resistance and your body will run on ketones, which is a much finer way to burn fat, if you have been unable to do so on the standard high carb diet, which failed me. I lost lots of weight on keto, and I would never go back to the high or moderate carb diets, that cause blood sugar issues and glucose levels that can create overating. Examples of this nutritional protocol :Avacados, coconut oil(MCT) butter, fatty fish, eggs with yolks, chicken thighs with skin, high fatty sources of protien... Eat when hungry stop when not. You will stop the glucose waves when you get into ketosis. It's worth trying because it helped me and so many people with various weight issues, diabetes and other insulin sensitive people. Research it, don't listen to skeptics. Try it for yourself, as you will have to try it out to see if it's best for you...ultimately no one knows your body better than you.

@greenevalley88 this mirrors my experience since 2014. Keep up the good progress.