Keto beginner, lurking since 2013

Options
SabAteNine
SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
Took my sweet time, but hello to you, MFP Community! And incidentally, happy women's day as well! May the belt be ever in your favor.

I started using MFP beginning of 2013, when I was 170cm/70kg (that would be 5ft7in/155lbs). I'm down to 59.5kg/131 lbs, and my goal is to drop another two kilos. I didn't stress too much during these years, only at the beginning.

Starting this January, I wanted to be more diligent and organized with logging what I eat, and to switch to keto. I am absolutely fine eating the usual keto diet, barring cravings of (too much) wine and fresh bread. I'm currently trying to keep under 20g carbs, with a 5/70/25 ratio for carbs, fat and protein respectively, for a grand total of 1350 calories per day. I had a long-term 1200 cals per day diet which kinda bungled things and I'm looking to increase / remediate that step by step. It took a while to get over the low-fat psychosis, which initially led me to eat way more protein than I should have. Now I think I'm fine.

I'm also a commute walker - ca. 10 km per day, for pleasure (especially now since spring is coming!). I'm logging steps with Pacer.

Would be great to pal up with people with the same lifestyle!

Sab

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Happy Women's Day to you, too!

Sounds like you're doing awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • SabAteNine
    Options
    Hi WorkerDrone8 and many thanks!
    There's still a lot of tweaking to do, and of course the need to get fitter (sports, gym).

Looks like you're not doing bad yourself, congrats!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto
  • SabAteNine
    Options
    Hi @ladipoet and thanks for the welcome! I'm finding my place around :smile:

Many thanks also for the links. I already joined the LCD Forum but so far I've just been reading around. I'm excellent with reading and theory, it's the practice that kills, but luckily not when it comes to Keto. It's made for people like me whose first principle is „meat does not get left on the plate” :smiley:

For the record, I'm copying my historic weight data here. There's been ups and downs, I definitely did NOT track properly so the graph is full of little mountains and valleys, but it gives an idea. In '17 summer the actual lowest point was 57 kg on my wedding morning (27 May).

lmza55l9b837.png

Now my goal is to shed a bit more and maybe try and figure out afterwards if I can properly build muscle on Keto, which is something I never really had, especially in the upper body.

See you around, and would be great to make some more like-minded and like-goaled friends!

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    No worries @tehchix0r. You are welcome. Congrats on your progress! It is completely possible to build muscle on Keto. I know, because I did it.