Garmin Running not showing up on newsfeed

Options
13»

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    For the last several months it has been broken.
    A "Garmin Run" will actually sync across with everything else from GC. However, it stays stuck in your MFP exercise diary and does not get posted to the timeline.

Wearing a garmin and doing a walk will sync, and then that gets pushed to the MFP timeline automatically.
    Other things get pushed automatically to the timeline...and most importantly 'Runs" used to but stopped several months ago.

A solution (as noted above) is to go into MFP exercise diary, edit the run, save, and then it will get pushed to the timeline....even if you don't change it, but just hit save.

Nearly all of the GC stuff gets across to MFP, it is just runs to timelines.

When I run 'Like I did last night' and after syncing and everything and I see it isn't in my timeline...that's a problem. Cuz where is the "social" in "social media" if ya'll don't see in my timeline that I've run. Might as well use an analog watch and come home and transcribe it onto graph paper.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Walking didn't get pushed to the newsfeed tonight. I went on a four mile walk. It sync'd, showed up in my exercise diary, but not in my timeline. I went in and looked at it, hit save, and it got pushed to my timeline. MPF timeline is still broken.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Have you made the setting match the kind-of effect that's being seen?
    Meaning go disable in News Feed Settings (app and online account) the option for "I perform a cardio exercise".
    Once disabled, I'd sign out of everything.
    Then log in.
    And enable the setting again.

Do manually created workouts that are tagged as a Run on GC fail to show up on News Feed too?

Wondering if they are being sent across as not a cardio exercise from GC.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    "manual" always works. If I type it all in, or if gatmin syncs it and i go into the exercise diary and edit it.

I'll try your log-out/log-in idea and let you know.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    @heybales Hmmm, I tried your suggestions. My original settings has (on the webpage) show cardio....but (on the android app) I think that was unchecked. Might have messed things up.

I disconnected GC, logged out of everthing, logged back in, reconnected, and clicked the 'show cardio' on both the webpage and the android app. We'll see if things change. Thanks for the suggestion.