Gained 9lbs in a few hours

Options

Replies

• HowUdish
    HowUdish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every day preferably in the mornings before you eat anything so it is more consistent. Sometimes when I weigh myself in the morning and then at night I feel discouraged because I gain a lot of weight during the day (sometimes well over 10 pounds). Also sometimes major weight fluctuations are due to major dietary changes. Have you changed your sodium input? Sometimes that can lead to a lot of water retention.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    While I've never had any of the behemoth burgers on page 1, the biggest Whataburger I recall ever having was similar in calories to the BK Triple Whopper.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I’ve worked really hard to get to the current weight I am today and I’ve 100% lost weight because all my jeans fall off me and skirts and all the clothes thag didn’t fit me now do. However today it’s my friends birthday and Mother’s Day tomorrow so I thought I’d give my self a cheat weekend as a little treat so today I went out for a lovely meal and when I got back I weight myself this morning I was 10st 1 and now I’m 10st 10 wtffffff I feel disgusting and wish I’d never even bothered going out all my hard work for nothing and I’m probably going to cancel Mother’s Day tomorrow because I’ll just gain more and I tried on the dress for tomorrow and it feels tight today even tho it was perfect yesterday. My stomach looks huge and has doubled inside and my neck feels really fat like I don’t even have a chin or jawline. How can I get rid of this immediately makin me so depressed and miserable

Most of the nine pounds you gained are likely just water. It would be hard to gain that much fat in two days.

Could you also be bloated from pms? Or be constipated? Or took in too much sodium? Those kind of things could be in play.

I think you should not cancel mothers day just because of your scale number going up.

Just do your best to log everything you eat, then get back to your program. Hug.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm have been known to temporarily appear to gain 8 - 9 after a treat meal, salt and refined carbs fonif for me, they make me retain water, cause bloating, and even though I know it's water weight, I still feel crappy about it. Drink a lot of water, or eat foods with a lot of water content in over the next few days and it will come off.
  • dmankruoss
    dmankruoss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Never weigh yourself the day after a cheat meal or day lol. I've gained up to 15lbs after. Just drink plenty of water and go back to your normal diet. It will even out in a few days.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    1houndgal wrote: »
    My grandma had ovarian cancer, and at one point they were able to remove 19 pounds of water from her belly. Fluid retention happens.

Ascites aren't the same thing as normal fluid retention, which is in the bodily tissues.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I can gain 5 lb between 8am and noon with normal daily eating. It's very typical for Wright you fluctuate during the day and certainly immediately after you eat a lot. Relax and stick with your plan!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    In order to gain nine pounds of fat, you would need to eat your maintenance calories plus 31,500. For reference, this picture contains 7161 calories worth of hamburgers - you would need to eat 4 or 5 of every one of them to hit that calorie goal.

d92ukk523h1q.jpg

I got sick just looking at all those pictures :s Dear lord, who can eat all that in just one seating?

Depends how far I've just run.... :laugh:
  • Omnimous69
    Omnimous69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to swear right here. *kitten* the scale. It's just a reference anyways. You had a cheat day, as you well deserve. Now keep up with the lifestyle as per usual. No need to panic, think or fret. Maybe only weigh yourself once a week for starters. Good luck.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    My grandma had ovarian cancer, and at one point they were able to remove 19 pounds of water from her belly. Fluid retention happens.

Ascites aren't the same thing as normal fluid retention, which is in the bodily tissues.

I know. But it can make the scale go up crazy high in hours. Proving in some cases,that water weight can go up quickly.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »

I know. But it can make the scale go up crazy high in hours. Proving in some cases,that water weight can go up quickly.

Sometimes I wish they could just drain regular water weight like they can ascites. Stupid edema.