Keto and code red

2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Looks like a standard whole foods diet to me. Reduced processed food. Something I already do. Don't like the idea of "free" foods. They are all calories. It can be hard to over eat on brocoli, but still has calories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    _Chanda_ wrote: »
    _Chanda_ wrote: »
    I am on Keto. If I feel like my weight loss is slowing, I implement intermittent fasting 16:8 at least 2-3 times a week. Basically, I'll eat between 6:30AM and 2:30PM (Keto) and be done eating for the day. Once keto adapted, the intermittant fasting is easy because your body has identified a different fuel source.

once in keto your body already identified a different fuel source aka ketones. has nothing to do with IF or making it easier. it may work that way for you,but wont for everyone and and weight loss will slow no matter if you do keto,IF, or any other way of eating. its only fast on keto for a short time due to the depletion of glycogen and excess water from the body in the beginning.

To clarify my post. When I say intermittent fasting is easier, it is because my body HAS already identified another fuel source, and therefore I'm not craving carbs or feeling hungry while I'm fasting. You are correct, it doesn't work for everyone, and I'm not sure I implied it did. Our bodies are all different and we have to figure out what works for us. The original post asked for our experiences, and I shared mine and what was has worked for me.

do you crave carbs the other days you dont fast? the keto is most likely the reason you arent craving carbs as its reported by most who do keto that the carb cravings have slowed down/went away. IF is just a window of time in which you eat your meals. if it works for you great..Ive done IF for more than 3 decades and still do it because it works with my eating schedule
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I'm calling a code read on the code red diet!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'm calling a code read on the code red diet!

did you ORDER the Code Red??
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    "You're darn right I did!"
  • MysticFire11
    MysticFire11 Posts: 2 Member
    Here is my experience with the Code Red Lifestyle: Last June '18 I bought the ebook off Amazon. Followed the "rules" and lost 18lbs in 3 months. Without buying the custom coaching plan others have mentioned in this thread. It can be done. The rules are (for weight loss mode): Sleep 7-8 hours a night, drink 1 gallon of water, don't eat past 6:30pm, log everything that goes into your mouth- keeping the ratios at 60% Fat, 30% Protein, 10% Carbs- with max of 25g sugars. No grains (all), added sugar, alcohol, fruits(other than berries), Legumes, juice, cheese (except full-fat cottage cheese), potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pasta. I basically had meat and vegetables at every meal. Eggs in the morning. I was not hungry. Towards the holidays, I got tired of logging all my food. Job stress. Ate the holiday goodies (and then some). The weight came back on.
    I resolved last night to go back on the Code Red food plan. I know it can be done.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    I saw the title and now I really want a Mountain Dew Code Red.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Here is my experience with the Code Red Lifestyle: Last June '18 I bought the ebook off Amazon. Followed the "rules" and lost 18lbs in 3 months. Without buying the custom coaching plan others have mentioned in this thread. It can be done. The rules are (for weight loss mode): Sleep 7-8 hours a night, drink 1 gallon of water, don't eat past 6:30pm, log everything that goes into your mouth- keeping the ratios at 60% Fat, 30% Protein, 10% Carbs- with max of 25g sugars. No grains (all), added sugar, alcohol, fruits(other than berries), Legumes, juice, cheese (except full-fat cottage cheese), potatoes, sweet potatoes, and pasta. I basically had meat and vegetables at every meal. Eggs in the morning. I was not hungry. Towards the holidays, I got tired of logging all my food. Job stress. Ate the holiday goodies (and then some). The weight came back on.
    I resolved last night to go back on the Code Red food plan. I know it can be done.

Amazing insights you've gained there, Bob. Who could possibly have known any of this without buying the ebook? :neutral:

Hey guys. Did you know that you too can improve your weight loss by getting enough sleep (which stops you using snacking and highly calorific caffeinated drinks the next day to stay awake, thus reducing your calorie intake), drinking more water (helps many people eat less and thus reduces your calorie intake) , and resolving not to have any post-dinner snacks after 6.30pm (thus reducing your calorie intake)?

It's astonishing that such random lifestyle changes could affect your weight, especially as all you did diet-wise was to avoid as many high calorie foods as possible. Who would have thought that a diet that consists solely of meat and low-calorie vegetables could result in weight loss?