How Late Is it when you take your LAST bite of food before bed!?

Options
I have been practicing I.F I eat no earlier than 10 AM and eat no later than 8pm... just curious if the whole intermate fasting is really a "Go To trend" or is there success on the normal!? i feel comfortable with no eating after 8pm cause i don't like to feel "Heavy" when i wake up.. just wanna see what you do and if eating later affects and stalls weight loss!?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I generally stop eating when I brush my teeth before going to bed. I do try to brush my teeth every day before doing that, thus I am generally successful at not eating while entering bed! :wink:

Since I have a well used food category called "post midnight" and another one called "awake to noon", my "fasting" window is pretty short, sometimes as little as 4 or 5 hours!

Historically I consume the least amount of calories in my "awake to noon" time slot. My "post midnight" time slot generally comes in as second highest in calories to my "20:00 to midnight" slot which comes in highest.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I did IF for a long time. I did 16:8 with my eating between 2-10pm. It worked great until it didn’t. When I became more focused on fitness I had to be more flexible with my eating windows to fuel workouts. Now I eat when hungry and just make sure I hit my calorie and macro goals
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I stop eating by 8pm and have my first meal just before noon. The only time I vary from this is if I'm sick, hung over or sometimes during my period. I enjoy fasting just because I never feel stuffed, nor do I binge. I also don't have to feel bad about what I'm eating because I'm not consumed with thoughts of food because I "can't" eat certain things. IF is the only way I've found to have a good relationship with food so I love it.
  • Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sounds about like me
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat past 9pm so I have about 3 hours to go before bed (I don't sleep well with food in my stomach).
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can eat before I go to sleep.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    your body doesnt care when you eat.

sometimes i have a pb&j right before bed.

sometimes chocolate

sometimes, nothing.

sometimes i eat breakfast, sometimes i dont.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1-4 hours, depending on how late I go to bed
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Only eating too much over time affects/stalls weightloss.

Intermittent fasting is part faddy name for not eating all the time, part hilarious health claims.

Most people do well with some gentle boundaries. Eating within a 6-8 hours "window" can make it easier to not eat too much. But if it doesn't, it won't. Do whatever works for you.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    The only reason I don't eat too close to going to bed is I sometimes get indigestion, otherwise, I eat when I'm hungry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I generally have breakfast about 8 AM, lunch about noon, snack around 3-4 PM, dinner around 6 PM and sometimes a snack around 9 PM. I am generally in bed by midnight.

Weight loss is about having a calorie deficit. If it helps you stick to your calorie goal to not eat after a certain time at night then it will help you lose weight. If you eat too many calories regardless of time then it will not help you lose weight.

Instead of worrying about meal timing get a food scale and log as accurately as you can.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day.. sometimes it's 6pm, sometimes I have my last snack at 10pm
    Eating kinda late is not usually an issue for me because I go to bed pretty late... if anything, an early dinner sometimes means I'm starving by 10-11pm
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I *always* have a bedtime snack, even if I'm not hungry; it keeps me from waking up ravenous in the night or eating breakfast and getting hungry an hour later.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I sleep all over the clock but generally I have a "before bed meal" in my diary which sometines is in the bed.