How Late Is it when you take your LAST bite of food before bed!?

Options

Replies

• CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 8 and 10 p.m. I tried not snacking at night for a short time. It just doesn't work for me. I like snacking too much at night. So, I try to cut calories elsewhere and keep the nighttime snacks at a reasonable portion size, though not always healthy. Sometimes I just want something salty or sweet at night.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Like 5 minutes before I get into bed.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I guess a lot depends what time you actually get to bed. My last bite could easily be after 10:00pm, but then I hardly ever get to bed before midnight.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I only eat at meals, so stop eating after dinner. Often have dinner quite late, though, since I usually get home late.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I ate all my calories for the day, it could be at 8, 9 or 10.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    After dinner desert is around 8PM and I don't eat anything else before going to bed. I am not a late night "snacker" and I don't like to eat in bed or go to bed with a full stomach. Breakfast the next day is between 8 and 9AM. It works for me.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I am hungry, I will have a small snack (100 calories or less). If I am thirsty, water or herbal tea. Nothing sweet because I have had the experience of waking up with hypoglycemia due to late night snacking 3 times in my life and it feels awful.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner around 8:30...usually in bed by 9:30
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I usually have dinner ~6-7pm followed by a nighttime snack ~9-10. In bed and hopefully asleep by midnight at the latest.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Preference is to go off to sleep about 10.30 and I'll eat up until I floss and brush if I have cals and am hungry. Last night I ate toast in bed as I was reading, right before I turned out the light.
  • Fizzypopization
    Fizzypopization Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I naturally fast meaning I dont have to think about it like others do. I eat all the way up until I sleep. I don't generally have my first meal tho until much later. I often skip breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I will fast for a few days in a row. Just depends.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    How Late Is it when you take your LAST bite of food before bed!?

Midnight ... 1 am ... roughly half an hour before bed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Usually 2-3 hours before going to bed but I have a history of reflux, and I like brushing my teeth and putting my retainers on (I did Invisalign 2 days ago) before watching whatever show I'm going to watch so I'm not tempted to snack, lol. So I guess I'm typically done eating by 7pm.

But I'm typically really hungry within a couple of waking up (8-9ish, sometimes earlier), so IF never worked for me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Timing of meals doesn't matter but the overall number of calories.
    I usually have my last snack just before going to bed, so that is around 10pm.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Skrib69 wrote: »
    Contrary to a lot of comments here I do find eating after 9 causes me to gain so I don’t. Unless I’ve been down the pub and had a pint or 5 in which case self discipline goes out the window and I have a tendency to just trough out. Also, I couldn’t do IF because I get too grumpy when hungry and then trough out.

But is that because when you eat after 9 you are eating extra food in addition to your normal daily consumption?

That's what I find, after about 8 pm having eaten enough for the day, if I allow myself, I just keep cruising the kitchen and fridge looking for "something", ie I am not hungry, I just feel like eating, then I blow my calories for the day.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Skrib69 wrote: »
    Contrary to a lot of comments here I do find eating after 9 causes me to gain so I don’t. Unless I’ve been down the pub and had a pint or 5 in which case self discipline goes out the window and I have a tendency to just trough out. Also, I couldn’t do IF because I get too grumpy when hungry and then trough out.

But is that because when you eat after 9 you are eating extra food in addition to your normal daily consumption?

That's what I find, after about 8 pm having eaten enough for the day, if I allow myself, I just keep cruising the kitchen and fridge looking for "something", ie I am not hungry, I just feel like eating, then I blow my calories for the day.

Agreed. Another factor is that your body usually contains some amount of food in various states of being digested. If you eat later than usual and then weigh yourself at the same time the next morning, you may have more food/waste in your system than you're used to. This isn't the same as gaining fat.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    6:30 at the latest. I can't stand trying to sleep on a full stomach, and am usually in bed by 9.