How Late Is it when you take your LAST bite of food before bed!?

Options
13»

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    karen8787 wrote: »
    imo, your feeding window is too long to be considered intermittent fasting. there are lots of studies that indicate the time of day you eat does effect your weight. its circadian rhythms/clock which are "physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism's environment." look it up.

Please post one study from a credible source
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Looks like somebody needs his nap again . . . bye bye shouty boy
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I usually fast during the day and stop anywhere from 12pm to 6pm so food is fair game for me right up until I go to sleep. I'll eat as late as midnight if it suits me.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but I generally an hour before I go to bed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    Around 11:30pm. I don't eat again till after 12pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I just started not eating after 7 or 8pm and having my first meal around 10:30. It is working for me, but I think it is because, FOR ME, nothing healthy is consumed after 7. The other night I was thinking of snacking after 8, and I knew if I did I would have more then I should. Following the no eating after 7 rule, kept me from over-doing it.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    The other night, I had dessert after dinner and my kids thought it was funny, I was having my "snack" so soon after dinner. They are used to having a snack a couple of hours after dinner, closer to bedtime. I told them it's not that weird, years ago, when their grandparents were little, it was totally normal to have dinner, and dessert and then the kitchen was closed
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I first started IF and would finish eating by 9pm and have my first meal at 1pm (My usual lunch time). I usually finish my evening meal around 8:30 so this just meant I would be cutting out breakfast which Iusually have between 10-11 at work so that was fairly easy to do.

I felt good that I didn't have to think about when I would eat breakfast at work, but, like others have said, I wasn't having enough calories in the hours that I did have to keep myself fuelled up so I have had to stop.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I purposely wait to have my ice cream and chocolate until right before bed time. That way if I've had a crappy day, I at least get to end it on a good note.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I generally have a treat about 30 minutes before bed, so around 8:30pm. I then eat breakfast around 7:30am, before a morning workout I tend to also have a piece of fruit around 5:30am. I've tried IF and absolutely hated it, I got frequent headaches and would get lightheaded and clammy if I skipped a meal. I've been more or less maintaining (with a 5lb fluctuation around holidays) for 2 years without feeling particularly hungry for any extended period of time. I do not believe timing of meals has anything to do with weight loss, certainly if you eat a giant meal before bed you might feel bloated from a fully belly but that's not to say you should stop eating altogether IMO. I plan my meals to have plenty of calories for snacks, and my weight reflects that.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I like to stop eating after dinner, usually 6-7 pm...then I floss and brush my teeth, and don't eat again until 7 am when I have breakfast. I don't believe there's anything magical about that but it's a habit I developed when I started using MFP four years ago and it's helped me cut down on evening snacking. I'm kinda OCD about my dental hygiene so if my husband's snacking on something at 9:30 I don't even consider having any.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat when I’m hungry, no set time
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I’m another who stops eating after dinner. But I have a tendency to eat a big breakfast, an even bigger lunch, and a small and early supper. It’s not unusual for me to have eaten my last bite by 3 or 4pm. I wake up early though (before 6am typically) so my day skews that way.