Anyone into gut health?

Options
PinkKombucha
PinkKombucha Posts: 96 Member
edited March 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I have been a binge eater for a while and I’ve finally been able to Kick the habit by starting to heal my gut, it’s only been a week and I feel better than I’ve felt in years! As an added bonus I’ve lost 10 pounds! Is anyone else into gut health? I’d love to meet like minded people! (:

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Through drinking kombucha? Do you eat yogurt or fermented vegetables too?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    What have you changed?
  • PinkKombucha
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    What have you changed?

I’ve completely changed my diet! I follow dr. Gundry’s food list. I used to eat a lot of junk food I’m surprised by how much has changed for me within a week!
  • PinkKombucha
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Through drinking kombucha? Do you eat yogurt or fermented vegetables too?

Sometimes I drink kombucha, but I eat a lot of tempeh and sauerkraut. I have completely changed my way of eating. Also taking a pre biotic and a pro biotic.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    How do you know that your gut micro biomes have changed?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Not really, I’m not a gastroenterologist but I’ve had a few appointments with them. Up close and personal, so to speak. Lol
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't really know a lot about it but I've been told that having a healthy gut is key to digestion. So eating foods with probiotics is really important for the gut.
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    By the way I love kombucha my mom makes it from scratch.. So good
  • PinkKombucha
    Options
    By the way I love kombucha my mom makes it from scratch.. So good

It’s so good!! I want to get a scoby and start making my own.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Glad you have found some relief and that you are binge free at this time. I'm sure you are in the the 'initial' stages of any healthy diet endeavor but anything that works...hope it continues for you:) p.s. I've read that studies show improved gut bacteria after three days of changing ones diet
  • PinkKombucha
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Glad you have found some relief and that you are binge free at this time. I'm sure you are in the the 'initial' stages of any healthy diet endeavor but anything that works...hope it continues for you:) p.s. I've read that studies show improved gut bacteria after three days of changing ones diet

Thank you so much! I was just so fed up with not being able to start any diet, I haven’t had a binge free day in a long time, so I’m really grateful and ecstatic.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    I make my own yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha and beer.
  • PinkKombucha
    Options
    I make my own yogurt, sauerkraut, kombucha and beer.

That’s incredible! I will attempt the sauerkraut and the kombucha!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Super easy! Except for the beer, not so easy, but worth it.
  • HowUdish
    HowUdish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've recently been working on improving my gut health, some changes I made were eliminating dairy and wheat. I even went one step further and have been eating gluten free. I've felt a lot better since making these changes and believe they've helped me a lot not only in feeling better but I look better and less bloated.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    "Into"? Maybe. I ferment and use kefir, kombucha, and kimchi. I make my own greek yogurt. When I began trying to lose weight two years ago I was supplementing with a daily probiotic gummy.

What difference has it made? I'm not sure. I'm 55, sleep well, work well, look ok. Maybe that's the point of good health.