Protein

Options
ap1972
ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for high protein snacks? I'm struggling to manage 20% protein partly due to fruit and veg consumption boosting carbs but would like to get it closer to 30%

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, protein bars or powders
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    tuna
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're going to stick to your calorie goal, and eat more protein, you have to eat less fruit. The further away from how you normally eat, the more difficult it will be.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    My go to protein snack....hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, jerky, tuna, no bake energy bites.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky
    Chicharrones (also high fat but if it fits, I add it to my daily calories)
    Nuts
    Greek yogurt
    Bacon
    Protein powder
    Protein powder mixed in greek yogurt (Idk why more people haven't tried this)
    Tofu
    All of the eggs
    Protein bars (find few that I actually enjoy)
  • ap1972
    Options
    If you're going to stick to your calorie goal, and eat more protein, you have to eat less fruit. The further away from how you normally eat, the more difficult it will be.

The only pattern I need to follow is really timings of food typically along following lines with target of 1800 to lose a pound a week which I generally hit.

Breakfast 200-300 cals
    Morning Snack 100 - 200 cals
    Lunch 500-800 cals
    Afternoon snack 100- 200 cals
    Dinner - 500-800 cals

I tend to use fruit for snacking as it is convenient and easy to eat at my desk
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like to start my day with a heavy protein meal - maybe carving out a specified amount to have at breakfast it'll feel more manageable the rest of the day

I'll have chicken breast for breakfast
    Lunch is a salad with turkey breast
    Dinner is either ground beef or fish

Greek yogurt mixed with sf ff pudding mix is a good way to hit protein and carbs too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 2 whole eggs mixed with 2 servings of Liquid Egg Whites every day. I also have at least 1 high protein shake every day, with about 40 - 50 g protein in that. I eat some time of fish at least 3 times a week too. Pork Loins are good for dinner, chicken, beef, and much more.
  • ap1972
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thanks for this, only had a quick look at the thread but the spreadsheet is an awesome tool :-)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »

The only pattern I need to follow is really timings of food typically along following lines with target of 1800 to lose a pound a week which I generally hit.

Breakfast 200-300 cals
    Lunch 500-800 cals
    Dinner - 500-800 cals

Protein bars are convenient and easy to eat at a desk.
  • ap1972
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    ap1972 wrote: »

Breakfast 200-300 cals
    Lunch 500-800 cals
    Dinner - 500-800 cals

Protein bars are convenient and easy to eat at a desk.

Not the cheapest option available though, might have a try at making my own
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    tuna - I believe is the highest bang for your calorie buck.

I also like sardines. :=)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    All the above, and I'll add jerky to the list...I found salmon jerky at Costco the other day