St Patty's Day!

2»

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I'm partying with my niece because her birthday is the day before. She's 6 though so idk how crazy this party is going to get.

A bunch of 6 year olds hyped up on green sugar? Things happen Man, TERRIBLE things!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited March 2018
    cee134 wrote: »
    I might be a little excited about St. Paddy's day.

Also I should inform you, since it is your birthday, that:

o0p2v1hcychh.jpg

Why? That's always confuses me a bit since it's St. Patrick day, not St. Padraig's day. I nean, I know the names have the same base, but that's not the name on the calendar.
  • momispuhomis
    momispuhomis Posts: 20 Member
    My son's bday is the 16th! But he'll be at his dad's this year. Party time for me! Lol
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Momepro wrote: »

Why? That's always confuses me a bit since it's St. Patrick day, not St. Padraig's day. I nean, I know the names have the same base, but that's not the name on the calendar.

Because Paddy is short for Patrick. Nobody calls a Patrick Patty and it sounds/ looks super weird. That's it, not that confusing.

It's like instead of nicknaming a George "Gerry" he is now "Georry". Weird.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Momepro wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    I might be a little excited about St. Paddy's day.

Also I should inform you, since it is your birthday, that:

o0p2v1hcychh.jpg

Really? Because Padraig it's the Irish spelling.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I didn't realize it until today, but we are going to a Surprise Birthday Party for my SOL. On St Patrick's Day. At a Pub. I don't drink beer, but I imagine I will have a Whisky or three. Guess I'll make it Irish Whisky.