Do you track your veggies?

Options

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log vegetables, especially since I love green peppers and will eat a whole one with lunch, but if I just throw a few spinach leaves on my sandwich then no.

High five, whole green pepper eating buddy! I felt vaguely bad for ages because green and red peppers are my favorite veggies and I figured I should be eating kale and broccoli instead - I figured peppers were probably just water and crunch. Then I actually looked up how many awesome micro nutrients were in them and now I don’t feel bad at all.

I am so glad there is someone else out there who does this! My office mate says it is gross since I just cut the pepper in half, take out the middle then go to town! lol They have been my favorite raw veggie since I was a kid, no dressing needed!
  • faythe621
    faythe621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I track my veggies loosely, I use approximate amounts because I don't usually weigh out my veggies. But I want to have some idea of how many calories/other nutrients I'm consuming with my veggie intake, so I do try to get it in the log.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I log them, but I almost always just eyeball the portions. I’m on the keto diet, so I have a failsafe: as long as I stay in ketosis I have confirmation that I haven’t been underestimating too badly. :)
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I log all but sandwich toppings.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking iron, so I do my best to track veggies. That being said, if I'm at a social gathering, snacking on raw veggies or they're in a sandwich, so long as they're non-starchy, I don't worry too much about them.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The only veggie I don't weigh is iceberg lettuce. I weigh everything else.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Certainly I track veggies for calories. I also aim for the recommended 10 servings a day when possible.
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input you guys... :)
    Mrsnattybulk.. Thanks for the idea of creating Hamburger/Sandwich fixings. That idea makes my life a bit easier
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    To the gram.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. That is, on days I do log I log my veggies.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I do log them, but for most I estimate, for instance, with frozen broccoli. Avocado I'm meticulous about weighing and logging. I do try to weigh potatoes, too.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I weigh and track them. All of them.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I log them, but I almost always just eyeball the portions. I’m on the keto diet, so I have a failsafe: as long as I stay in ketosis I have confirmation that I haven’t been underestimating too badly. :)

You are aware that people bulk while in ketosis also right? That has nothing to do with fat loss or a deficit; it has to do with very low carbohydrates lol That is NOT a failsafe
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No need to track my veggies. They are always exactly where I left them.
  • 1985mattie
    1985mattie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I log everything- I was very naive about how many calories are in certain fruits and vegetables, it’s been an eye opener in that sense. Like others I also track my fibre intake too
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options

You are aware that people bulk while in ketosis also right? That has nothing to do with fat loss or a deficit; it has to do with very low carbohydrates lol That is NOT a failsafe

If I were eating significantly more calories’ worth of vegetables than I thought, I would also be eating significantly more carbs than I thought. That would throw my ratio out of whack, which would show up on my test strips.

Thanks for your concern.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Yes. A calorie is a calorie.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

If I were eating significantly more calories’ worth of vegetables than I thought, I would also be eating significantly more carbs than I thought. That would throw my ratio out of whack, which would show up on my test strips.

Thanks for your concern.

True, didn't think of that. I thought you meant ketosis meant you were in a deficit LOL
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't weigh them, but I do log them. So it's an estimate.