Progress 27lbs down w/pics

Options
So my DH & I started trying to workout and eat healthy after we both realized we had put on a LOT of weight and were eating junk food/fast food nearly all the time. My mom made it a point to ask me if I was pregnant and that was the last straw for me... So that was in 2011 and I was looking like this at 5'3" & 129lbs (at my highest)

0c75e6f9-c73e-408e-a31d-aee11d04b403_zps89f1038a.jpg

Now after nearly 2 years and a few times falling off the wagon, I have managed to lose 27lbs (which according to another MFP forum post, is the weight of an average 2 year old!! (DH has lost around 80lbs!!!!!)

beforeandafter_zps712ff706.png

Since that picture I have run two 5k runs (one was an obstacle race called FoamFest -- which I highly recommend doing if you ever get the chance, it was a freaking blast!! and another called NeonVibe which is like Color Run but at night time!)... I've also lost 4lbs more leaving me looking like this :)

7c1b6dc6-fcc6-46d6-8c30-b10a8e7815b0_zps70ce19e7.jpg

edcec5bd-0032-4842-91ed-34c88e7b3a45_zps5ebc7951.jpg

079ea1d2-5a76-4e73-8636-b7fefc6dbcb7_zps739cda85.jpg

93ec2af3-55bb-4f23-97c5-abbb0e1063fd_zpsa37dc12d.jpg

2f4670e4-5aef-4c12-8f0a-d28b6d32dd29_zpse168ebab.jpg

4aae88e9-f9ed-4183-a993-43bbd8671b1d_zps316bfb56.jpg

Now @ 102lbs I'm basically trying to maintain and get even more toned!! All done by healthier eating, running, swimming and strength training! Love love love MFP & all the community is soooo supportive, you guys are great!! & thanks to this site, DH & I both feel and look better than ever!

Replies

• mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great job. You looking fabulous.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look fab :) Congrats!!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! :)
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great job, well done.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look fantastic and that colour run looks like fun!
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

The color run was soooo much fun. I even got my mom to run it with us haha!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING
  • Chill_10
    Chill_10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    damnnn you look good ;)
  • 46chocdog42
    Options
    Hi
    You look so much better and happier, you didn't seem to have as much as some people to lose I also don't have too much to lose thank god but I have gone back to eating Paleo it is the only successful way for me to lose weight and feel good.
    It is true when people say put junk in your trunk and you will resemble it, eat clean and you will look lean. well done.
  • judywhi
    judywhi Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi
    Im looking at you and im like dang oneday I hope also to be able to look like that you are someone to look up to the only difference is I want to lose about 100 lbs. We shall see thanks for the pics.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Thank you sooo much everyone :)

Everyone is wayyyy too nice!!
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Amazing results. Good for you!!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING :love:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Very nice! :drinker: It is wonderful doing it together right!? My hubby and I are doing this together, he has been my inspiration...my partner! It's good stuff! Congrats! You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • toque_de_miel
    Options
    Very nice! :drinker: It is wonderful doing it together right!? My hubby and I are doing this together, he has been my inspiration...my partner! It's good stuff! Congrats! You look great! :flowerforyou:

thank you! and i totally agree it is MUCH easier having someone else to help keep you on track and vice versa. and plus they never give you weird looks when you turn down junk food & have something healthy instead (aka both of our families lol!)
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You are adorable and you look so happy.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

thank you! and i totally agree it is MUCH easier having someone else to help keep you on track and vice versa. and plus they never give you weird looks when you turn down junk food & have something healthy instead (aka both of our families lol!)

Yup! Lol! We have each others backs! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!