• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited March 2018
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I'm sweaty and dirty more than I'm not

You deserve a hug for this.

• EdR55
    EdR55 Posts: 174 Member
    Average about 12/wk also depends on temperature/intensity of workouts.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    No. At the gym after I work out on weeknights. Rarely any other time.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Every time this topic comes up I recall my mother quoting an old aunt of hers who declared that one only needed to bathe twice a year.

Learn about Sylvester Graham, as he and his movement initiated the popularity of frequent bathing in the U.S.
    https://www.biography.com/people/sylvester-graham-21194545

I didn't know this. I'm a frequent bather and love everything clean ( house, car, clothes, body and so on)
    I had friends visit from a different country. They commented on the frequent bathing and clothes/ linen washing and said it was abnormal to them! Lol
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Yes.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    I shower every day because showering is relaxing and I don't pay for water
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I shower most days, but at night. Sometimes if I come home super late I'll shower the next morning.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I shower every day because showering is relaxing and I don't pay for water

We don't pay for water either so my showers are suuuuuper long.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    goatg wrote: »
    I'm sweaty and dirty more than I'm not

You deserve a hug for this.

Thank you....although a hug in real life at any given time may end up getting you a bit nasty....

You've never seen me fresh off a bike.

Don't underestimate.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I shower most every day...although I have not yet showered today. Yesterday I did not get around to showering until the evening...didn't do anything particularly strenuous last night. This morning I wanted to get the boys out of the house early, since they were off from school and my husband was working from home. So there was no time (or need) to shower this morning. Had the kids out through mid afternoon. Came home to do some cookin' and cleanin'. I may try to get on the elliptical later, since I didn't go to the gym today. I will shower after since my bed has fresh sheets on it.
  • gabrielle2019
    gabrielle2019 Posts: 24 Member
    I shower every night and wash my hair everyday! My hair is gross looking if I don’t wash it
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Most days, I shower once. However, any time I come home from a shift, or call at the station, I shower again.

That being said, it's time to go hit the shower and throw my duty clothes in the wash at the same time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    No. I rarely use the shower. I do take baths every other day.
  • kladge88
    kladge88 Posts: 135 Member
    Yep often twice. Water bill usually 120 bucks a month too
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Zero judgment here but I'm curious....

If I go to the gym, I pretty much have to, and I go about 5 to 6 days a week. I sweat too much not to.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Before making any conclusions about the replies you got, consider the fact that people who do shower daily are much more likely to reply.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Twice. More often if I see fit. Long shower at night, shorter shower in the morning on work days, longer on days off. Wash hair every day at night and use conditioner only in the morning. If I've paid to have my hair styled I'll not wash it for up to two days, but it is hard for me.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Nope. I'm not smelly or anything like that, but if I'm spending the day sitting around then I'll use that time for other things. I'll make sure to shower if I do get sweaty, otherwise its usually every 2-3 days.