Best Cleanse Advice Ever!!

Options
Ok, so I've been falling into a YouTube spiral every night for like a week watching all kinds of food/diet related videos. I found a channel run by a DR. and while I don't agree with everything he says in all of his videos, I wholeheartedly agree with his advice about the best cleanse for your body. He said:

"You don't have to buy products to cleanse your body, you just have to stop putting dirty things inside your body."

Now just because I agree with that doesn't mean I'll stop eating the "dirty" foods that I like. I just understand what he's getting at and felt like sharing it because some of the people selling these cleanses are very good salespeople and have had me believing that a cleanse was the only thing to do to make myself feel better. Thankfully I never wasted my money on any of it. I limited the "dirty" foods and incorporated more protein and veggies which has made me feel great.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Best cleanse advice ever: stop reading about cleanses or attaching the "clean" label to food. It's meaningless at best. Moralizing food is such an odd idea.

It sells books and gets advertising monies from YouTube to boot.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jfan175 wrote: »
    babysaffy wrote: »
    I know- it is ridiculous! I've been thinking about it for years. My dad had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction a few weeks ago and he had seemed to be in perfectly good health before that so it triggered me to start worrying about whether I have built up waste matter in my intestines that could cause a problem in the future. I guess I fell for the marketing for some of these instant cleanses I saw online years ago that showed pictures of what came out of people after using their products. Some showed parasites and long strands of old hard fecal matter that had apparently been stuck inside people's guts. :#

My mum is a nurse too so I guess I'll just listen to her advice and up the water and fibre intake.

I've been logging daily exercising and losing for the past few months and I'll just carry on being sensible. Woo moment over lol

If you want to remove the buildup in your intestines, do a colonoscopy prep. Your intestinal walls will be spotless in a few hours. Think about it, they have to be spotless to be able to get pics and make a diagnosis. There's not years worth of "built up waste matter" there.

Yep. Anyone who's ever had a colonoscopy can attest to that. Tell your Dr. to prescribe you some Golytely, and that will clean that *kitten* right up ;)

Just make sure you have a good book handy!