Best Cleanse Advice Ever!!

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,742 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    The best and most proven cleanse on the market is the sugar free haribo gummy bear cleanse. Its gaurenteed to clean you right out. If you dont believe me, check out the reviews on Amazon.

Woo-hoo! :lol:
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    The best and most proven cleanse on the market is the sugar free haribo gummy bear cleanse. Its gaurenteed to clean you right out. If you dont believe me, check out the reviews on Amazon.

one of the best hours i ever spent on the internet honestly..the other was for a hair removal cream for men..omg
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »

one of the best hours i ever spent on the internet honestly..the other was for a hair removal cream for men..omg

...or the mother of teenage boys review of heavy duty paper towels. LOL
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »

Lady bic pens are a good classic too
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jfan175 wrote: »
    babysaffy wrote: »
    I know- it is ridiculous! I've been thinking about it for years. My dad had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction a few weeks ago and he had seemed to be in perfectly good health before that so it triggered me to start worrying about whether I have built up waste matter in my intestines that could cause a problem in the future. I guess I fell for the marketing for some of these instant cleanses I saw online years ago that showed pictures of what came out of people after using their products. Some showed parasites and long strands of old hard fecal matter that had apparently been stuck inside people's guts. :#

My mum is a nurse too so I guess I'll just listen to her advice and up the water and fibre intake.

I've been logging daily exercising and losing for the past few months and I'll just carry on being sensible. Woo moment over lol

If you want to remove the buildup in your intestines, do a colonoscopy prep. Your intestinal walls will be spotless in a few hours. Think about it, they have to be spotless to be able to get pics and make a diagnosis. There's not years worth of "built up waste matter" there.

Yep. Anyone who's ever had a colonoscopy can attest to that. Tell your Dr. to prescribe you some Golytely, and that will clean that *kitten* right up ;)

Just make sure you have a good book handy!

Kind of OT but Golytely is one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to drink. I got admitted to the hospital for Crohn's and they tried to force that on me. Took one sip and straight up refused. Thank god my gastro tells his patients to mix Miralax with Gatorade. Same end result, dosn't taste like you're trying to drink the ocean.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jwilk241 wrote: »
    jfan175 wrote: »
    I know- it is ridiculous! I've been thinking about it for years. My dad had emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction a few weeks ago and he had seemed to be in perfectly good health before that so it triggered me to start worrying about whether I have built up waste matter in my intestines that could cause a problem in the future. I guess I fell for the marketing for some of these instant cleanses I saw online years ago that showed pictures of what came out of people after using their products. Some showed parasites and long strands of old hard fecal matter that had apparently been stuck inside people's guts. :#

My mum is a nurse too so I guess I'll just listen to her advice and up the water and fibre intake.

I've been logging daily exercising and losing for the past few months and I'll just carry on being sensible. Woo moment over lol

If you want to remove the buildup in your intestines, do a colonoscopy prep. Your intestinal walls will be spotless in a few hours. Think about it, they have to be spotless to be able to get pics and make a diagnosis. There's not years worth of "built up waste matter" there.

Yep. Anyone who's ever had a colonoscopy can attest to that. Tell your Dr. to prescribe you some Golytely, and that will clean that *kitten* right up ;)

Just make sure you have a good book handy!

Kind of OT but Golytely is one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to drink. I got admitted to the hospital for Crohn's and they tried to force that on me. Took one sip and straight up refused. Thank god my gastro tells his patients to mix Miralax with Gatorade. Same end result, dosn't taste like you're trying to drink the ocean.

Huh, my spouse has to get a colonoscopy soon, I should have him ask his gastro about the Miralax and Gatorade trick. Listening to him take that prep three years ago was bad enough!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Pico salax is the best prep. Forget what it's called in the states but it's just crystal that you mix in a cup x2 doses.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    crita50 wrote: »

I think that one with the parasites and other pictures might be the "worlds best cleanse" and I've actually done it before. I absolutely loved it. I used it after I had severe gallbladder disease and screwed up my digestive system for over a year. After having my gallbladder out my system was sluggish and I was bloated and didn't feel well most of the time. That cleanse got my system back to normal. It has some really great herbs that support the digestive system and some great soluble and insoluble fiber to get you functioning optimally. So if you feel like you might benefit you should try it. It's reasonably priced, doesn't make you go on a crazy special diet, and you don't have to use it over and over again.

You forgot to mention that it is completely useless and a waste of money.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ... so it triggered me to start worrying about whether I have built up waste matter in my intestines that could cause a problem in the future.

If there were pounds of waste matter impacted in most peoples' colons, this would have shown up during the millions of colonoscopies that have been performed. Unless you're a heavy opioid user or have a serious bowel obstruction (which you'd know, believe me), you don't need to worry about large amounts of waste hanging around your colon.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/meat-your-maker-2/
  • johnwelk
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »

I think that one with the parasites and other pictures might be the "worlds best cleanse" and I've actually done it before. I absolutely loved it. I used it after I had severe gallbladder disease and screwed up my digestive system for over a year. After having my gallbladder out my system was sluggish and I was bloated and didn't feel well most of the time. That cleanse got my system back to normal. It has some really great herbs that support the digestive system and some great soluble and insoluble fiber to get you functioning optimally. So if you feel like you might benefit you should try it. It's reasonably priced, doesn't make you go on a crazy special diet, and you don't have to use it over and over again.

Actually no, as you can see I found it very useful and the value was worth it for me. You see you forgot to read my post indicating that it helped me tremendously. If you've tried it and it wasn't helpful, you are free to post your experience as well. If you have no experience please don't minimize my own by bashing my comment, that might actually help someone who might be suffering with similar digestive distress.

Cleanses are useless. I wouldn't waste my time trying one, and no one else should either. But please educate me, what herbs were in the cleanse and exactly how do they support the digestive system?
  • johnwelk
    Options

Actually no, as you can see I found it very useful and the value was worth it for me. You see you forgot to read my post indicating that it helped me tremendously. If you've tried it and it wasn't helpful, you are free to post your experience as well. If you have no experience please don't minimize my own by bashing my comment, that might actually help someone who might be suffering with similar digestive distress.

Cleanses are useless. I wouldn't waste my time trying one, and no one else should either. But please educate me, what herbs were in the cleanse and exactly how do they support the digestive system?

It's interesting that you say "...and no else should either." I wonder what makes you the judge and jury on how everyone else should live their lives.
    Hyperbole much? Stopping the spread of misinformation by informing people that cleanses are useless and a waste of money is somehow telling them how they should live thier lives. Ok, then.
    I found this particular cleanse very useful and wanted to share a positive experience for anyone who might be in a similar situation so that they can make up their own mind.
    The problem is that your n=1 experience doesn't tell us anything. You don't know that your wouldn't have felt better had you not done this cleanse. It's the reason why anecdotes don't help.
    You are free to go online and look at the ingredients and then research those ingredients on your own.
    And you are free to go online to reputable scientific websites and learn that there isn't a shred of scientific evidence to support that cleanse do anything for anybody.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    After having my gallbladder out my system was sluggish and I was bloated and didn't feel well most of the time.

Seemingly not uncommon after such a surgery, usually clears up on its own as you heal. Also curious if you changed anything about your eating at the same time you took this stuff.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OP - you can have my stomach flu, it's all yours....free of charge...great cleanse... :D