Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Max interval plyo. Stupidly pushed play despite the pulled muscle in my neck/shoulder, and had to stop 10 minutes early due to the pain. Hoping I haven't just messed up my entire week.

Ouch. Hope you feel better soon. Rest and recover ... listen to your body.

Cardio challenge and tabata power completed so far. Tomorrow is another day!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I got through Day 2, Week 1 T25. Dang it feels like I haven’t done this before. I’ll get back to where I was though :)
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey! Get at me with those friend requests! I'm down 65lbs using a mixture of les mills combat and functional fitness! I love my beach body crew!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Haven’t started gamma yet...sitting g on my butt currently trying to find the motivation it I will tonight!!!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Haven’t started gamma yet...sitting g on my butt currently trying to find the motivation it I will tonight!!!

You can do it!! :) I’ll probably be doing Gamma after this second round of Alpha & Beta.
  • drea2011
    Options
    Gamma: speed 3.0 done :#
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm doing max30 can I be in the group?
  • Whey125
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Gamma: speed 3.0 done :#

Woohoo ...well done! I think I may want to do the gamma routine after max30 but I have weeks to think about that :)
  • Whey125
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »

Welcome. I am on month1, week 4 of max 30!
  • drea2011
    Options
    Gamma: Ript up done
  • drea2011
    Options
    Of course welcome!!
    lillyy23 wrote: »

• Whey125
    Options
    Month 1 completed! Next week will be month 2 of max30. I am excited but nervous. Lol
  • drea2011
    Options
    Gamma is TOUGH! But tough in a good way I start gamma week 2 tomorrow!!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Whey116 wrote: »
    JJordon wrote: »
    I am doing a mix of Insanity with Stronglifts 5x5 6 to 7 days a week.

Do you do both on one day or alternate?

Well, for the moment I do just one. Also, I had to switch from Insanity to P90X, because it was too rough on my joints, versus the last time I did it.

That said, I am doing P90X Lean, which has a bunch more cardio days.
  • Whey125
    Options
    Whey116 wrote: »
    I am doing a mix of Insanity with Stronglifts 5x5 6 to 7 days a week.

Do you do both on one day or alternate?

Well, for the moment I do just one. Also, I had to switch from Insanity to P90X, because it was too rough on my joints, versus the last time I did it.

That said, I am doing P90X Lean, which has a bunch more cardio days.

Insanity is harsh on the joints and prone to injury if you don't have proper form. The max30 isn't as bad and there is a modifier but I love pure cardio from orig insanity. Lol

I wish I had the time for p90x. I think it's one of the best all round programs. I did it approx 7 years ago before I had my son and this hectic job.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Hammer and Chisel and it's TOUGH! Had Max Hammer Strength scheduled for today, but my lower back is seriously niggling and all of my muscles are feeling in need of a recovery day, as every day seems to be total body with weights routines. So instead did some yoga/recovery stuff, and will make up the workout later this week, but my body was telling me it seriously needed a rest day today! Tony Horton is releasing a P90X3 / 22 minute Hard Corps hybrid workout next week that I may start instead, as I'd like to build my muscles up a bit before tackling Hammer and Chisel again.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Hammer and Chisel and it's TOUGH! Had Max Hammer Strength scheduled for today, but my lower back is seriously niggling and all of my muscles are feeling in need of a recovery day, as every day seems to be total body with weights routines. So instead did some yoga/recovery stuff, and will make up the workout later this week, but my body was telling me it seriously needed a rest day today! Tony Horton is releasing a P90X3 / 22 minute Hard Corps hybrid workout next week that I may start instead, as I'd like to build my muscles up a bit before tackling Hammer and Chisel again.
    I've done Hammer and Chisel a couple times. Its pretty relentless with only one rest day and some of the workouts back tp back have you reusing sore muscles. To combat this I just add an rest day per week. I didn't skip any workouts, but I put extra space between a couple of em. Of the weekly map doesn't line up that way, but I needed the routine to fit my life and a couple of days i was too sore to do it. And I completed body beast prior. Im well versed in strength training been doin it since I was kid. So don't feel bad its a tough routine that challenges you in some unique ways

• Whey125
    Options
    Max out power done ...month 2 is definitely a game changer. My legs were like jelly after this session.

Hope everyone has a productive and fun day!
  • drea2011
    Options
    Gamma is tough!!! But it feels so good to be able to keep up with the video!!!
  • drea2011
    Options
    Rip’t up done!