Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    4-6
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I try to do cardio daily, by which I mean I aim to get 2 hours of walking in at roughly 3.5 mph (my speed isn't planned, but when I put my data into mapmywalk.com, that's the rate it gives me). If it's at least 90 minutes, it's "good enough". If I don't hit that, I do 70 minutes on the GazelleEdge glider in my basement. Three days a week, typically Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday, I strength train. I don't belong to a gym, but I've got dumbbells, a stability ball, a cardio step, ankle weights, and a couple of medicine balls in my basement.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Four days a week (M-Th) at the gym doing strength training, moderate cardio, and calisthenics. Plus chair yoga on Mondays' morning. I also do some gardening, walking, etc. the rest of the week; but I need to rest my old body more often these days so I can heal properly and not be too sore or in pain :'( .
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    usually 6 days a week.

the gym is the fun part..... it's being dedicated to a clean diet 24 /7 / 365 that is more difficult.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I exercise every day.

The quantity and intensity vary to allow me to rest and recover between harder efforts.

Could not agree more. So key to understanding and improving fitness
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. I used to work out only a few days a week. For most of my life I thought I needed "rest days." But after joining a fitness challenge and working out every single day for several weeks I discovered that I don't actually need rest days. (The first week or two was rough, but then I got used to it and now I crave it.)

If I need a break, I can just do less strenuous activities (like hiking with my dog) for a day or two. The rest of the time I'm trail running, mountain biking and weight training. Turns out, my body is happier this way. I have no aches and pains and I feel more energetic now that I'm vigorously moving every day. I'm also making tons of progress with my fitness that I really wasn't before. Plus, with all of these extra earned calories, I've been able to indulge more in one of my favorite hobbies - baking! <3

I find that it's super easy to exercise when it's a built in part of my every day life. If I don't do a thing every day, I have a tendency to get complacent and skip it. (Like the laundry. Just sayin'. ;) ) But when it's an every day occurrence it just becomes natural after awhile.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    3/4 times a week. I can't fit in much more due to childcare.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mostly 7 days a week. I always tell myself to take off Sundays but I usually end up doing something that day. Normally it's just some strength training for 30 minutes but I just like to get in a little something.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    6 days a week but I have a gym in my garage which makes it much easier to get in my workouts.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    jlklem wrote: »
    ~21 times per week

I ride my bike every weekday morning for 30-60 minutes. I then ride in the evening for an hour. I will either ride 2-3 plus hours each weekend day if I can ride outside. I like to ride 100 miles as often as possible. If I am inside on the bike trainer due to winter I will ride 90 minutes twice both Saturday and Sunday. I do 150 push ups and 70 full sit ups every night right before bed....

Yes, I am broken but I like being being super fit. And I know a lot of cyclists who do more...

John

Your resting heart rate must be low with all that bike riding.

Can you share what it is?
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    ~21 times per week

I ride my bike every weekday morning for 30-60 minutes. I then ride in the evening for an hour. I will either ride 2-3 plus hours each weekend day if I can ride outside. I like to ride 100 miles as often as possible. If I am inside on the bike trainer due to winter I will ride 90 minutes twice both Saturday and Sunday. I do 150 push ups and 70 full sit ups every night right before bed....

Yes, I am broken but I like being being super fit. And I know a lot of cyclists who do more...

John

Sure, right now it’s 42...will go a low as 39. Especially when I am working towards race weight. Body metabolism slows some.

John
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Gym Mon/Thurs/Fri, running on Sunday and Zumba on a Tuesday. Sometimes Saturday will involve a long walk so I'm not sitting all day and now it's getting lighter I may walk home from work on occasion. But this is only when I'm sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day - when work is busy and I'm on my feet I'm lucky to find the energy to exercise twice a week!
  • DrippinInFitnesZ
    DrippinInFitnesZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 4 of 6 days is weight training, 2 days is dedicated to cardio.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    For me personally I have to get it done first thing in the morning, 5am. Otherwise it is impossible for me to fit it in between work, picking up the kids, dinner time, bath, bedtime and homework.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    ~21 times per week

John

Sure, right now it’s 42...will go a low as 39. Especially when I am working towards race weight. Body metabolism slows some.

John

Wow...I thought mine was low at 47-49!
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 - 6 days per week. The key for me is waking up at a stupid early hour and going before work. That way if I have a hard day I don't have to worry about skipping a gym session. The gym can be your therapy if you let it. For me it's a great time to zone out, and push my limits.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your journey.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    workout depends on your definition, right? I try to get 10k steps in each day, but i weight train 3 times a week.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    5 days a week, sometimes 6... without fail. 30-40 mins. job done :smile:
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    i have a physical job moving heavy furniture for 8-10 hours a day getting 15-25k steps so on work days i wont go to the gym....i try to go most days off if not all. Gives me something to do when i have nothing that gets some activity into my day. Sundays are iffy as i go visit my grampa that day and grocery shop, and the gym is only open 7-7 so if i wake up early i go if not i dont stress my one day of nothing physical i count it as a rest day- They are important to
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Five days a week, 1.5-2 hours of heavy lifting, at the gym by 4:30 a.m. I may get some extra cardio a couple times a week, as well.