How often do you work out a week?

Options

Replies

• natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week, but I have a very sedentary office job and will go crazy without the physical activity.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week, TWT and Saturday. On Tues & Thurs I will bring running gear to work and run home (I carpool with my husband so he takes my stuff home). My Wednesday run is only 2 miles and I work 3.5 miles from home so I go home first Wed.
  • xxparodistxx
    xxparodistxx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work out in the gym 3 days a week. I do workouts everyday when I'm at home too, though. My opinion on this is stop making excuses for yourself. If you want it you've got to push for it. You have no interest in going after work? Do you have interest in going ever, then? Getting fit is hard, but eventually exercise becomes a habit. No more excuses, just doing.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. I am currently training for a half marathon in April, so some of my running will decrease when its over. I lift 5 days and run 4 days.

I am sedentary/desk job so this is all the activity I really get particularly Mon-Fri. It was hard in the beginning being very unfit and trying to exerce, it took time for things to click and find a love and interest in doing this long term. Basically for me its do this, maintain my weight and health or go back to where I was, which is not an option.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    7 days most weeks, but lots of cross-training so no muscle groups back-to-back. About once every 2 weeks I take a full rest day, usually because I have an event or am traveling for work. I love working out and miss it if I can't. It's something I schedule and make a priority. Like other posters have said, once it's a habit it's easy. Here's what a typical week looks like.

Monday-Back/Biceps
    Tuesday-Run (~3 miles)
    Wednesday-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Thursday-Run (~3-4 miles)
    Friday-Back/Biceps
    Saturday-Run (~5 miles), Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Sunday-Legs
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I can't get to 9Round often enough. The last few weeks I've gone 9 times each week. I would go more, but I work 2 jobs & they close at noon on Saturdays & they are closed on Sundays
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I go before work. 6 mornings a week.
  • scotland4567
    scotland4567 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do 9Round 5 days a week and generally do 18 rounds 4 days a week.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I actually do some sort of workout every day, which is still really strange to think, but I got here gradually by trying out different things, keeping my workouts short, and only pushing myself a little bit at a time. Try not to think about what you should do, and focus on what you *can* do. Something is always better than nothing. If you struggle to get to the gym after work, maybe make it a weekend thing and find something lower key to do at home the other days.

Right now, I lift for a bit under an hour three days a week, run or do a light to moderate intensity cardio video (usually 25-30 minutes) on the days I don't lift, and try to get in one agility/plyometric-style workout a week on one of the cardio days (length varies, but usually around 15-20 minutes). I try to do a light stretching/yoga/planks workout at the end of most days, but not all.
  • genchiyu
    genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at least 6 days a week. Stuck with a 2-year contract so I'm making a use out of it. Going to the gym is a privilege; not many people can dedicate their time to head to the gym. Hardest part about it is getting out of the house! I feel lazy going but once I'm ready with my equipment and head out, I'm pumped.
  • novamagma
    novamagma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I had a job that I was on my feet for all day, I used to go on runs during my lunch break before my feet got too tired by the end of the day. When I didn't it was a lot like op says, I wouldn't be able to force myself until 8 or 9 pm. Now that I'm in school I usually either find a time between classes to go for a run.

Hopefully you can find a routine that works for you. Maybe sign up for a group fitness class? If it's something fun like martial arts or zumba, and you know other people are going to be there at a certain time, it will feel less like a chore you need to be motivated for and more just something that you enjoy and is in your routine.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Everyday for the most part here. If it is a travel day for me, which is twice in two weeks those are my days off.
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 5-6 days a week but, we all k ow how busy life can be. Guess it all depends o our goals. Feel free to add me as a fitness friend if you would like.
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    4 times a week works great for me.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Everyday, sometimes twice a day at home (light to moderate workouts only)...but I stare at 3 computer screens all day.

It sounds like you have an active job so I can see why you would be tired.

What kind of workouts are you doing and do you try to go before or after work?

Kudos to you for trying to be more active!

I am notttt a morning person and already get up for work around 6:30. So I’m really not willing to wake up even earlier lol. So I’m supposed to go after work MWF. Saturday I go with a friend at some point during the day. I definitely struggle to go after work. I get home at about 4:30. Sometimes it takes me til almost 8pm to convince myself to go, if I go at all! I have no problem on weekends though. I even went twice this past weekend.

If you go to a gym to work out, I'd suggest going there on your way home from work, not just "after work." Once you're comfortable in your own home, it can be hard to leave it again, but stopping on the way home has always been easier, at least for me.

Excellent advices.
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that says you HAVE to go to a gym to workout. I don't know what your mornings are like, but could you get up a few minutes earlier to do an exercise video? Even 15 minutes would help energize you. Then add more time when you can.
  • swolerogers
    swolerogers Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    6 to 7 days a week cardio mornings lifting in the evening
  • kb7202017
    kb7202017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So, I personally go anywhere from 3-6 days a week depending on the week. I do a split between running (training for a half marathon) and weights (all muscle groups) throughout the week.

It sounds to me like you need to do a 2 day weekend, and aim for 2 days during the week. It is hard to go after work, I agree.... but you said you have no problem going on the weekends. So, switch up your schedule. Use your weekend days as your main workout days, then squeeze another 1-3 days out of the week. Like others have said, you don't HAVE to go to the gym to get a good workout in. Find some at home exercises to try.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ~21 times per week

I ride my bike every weekday morning for 30-60 minutes. I then ride in the evening for an hour. I will either ride 2-3 plus hours each weekend day if I can ride outside. I like to ride 100 miles as often as possible. If I am inside on the bike trainer due to winter I will ride 90 minutes twice both Saturday and Sunday. I do 150 push ups and 70 full sit ups every night right before bed....

Yes, I am broken but I like being being super fit. And I know a lot of cyclists who do more...

John
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day.

The quantity and intensity vary to allow me to rest and recover between harder efforts.