25 lbs, who is with me?

Options

Replies

• brocktoon666
    brocktoon666 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OK, well that was a four-day weekend for me pretty much. Time to make this week better than the last one, my daily goal is to get my weight set up and start lifting again. My food goal is to eat at least 500 cal less than what I’m supposed to for my daily intake. Hope everyone is well.
  • GottaLose23
    GottaLose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heya! Don’t know how to add anything or anyone; but I’ve gotta lose 23 (prefer 30!)... starting at 203, and could keep up with my 2 boys and would feel much better about myself at 180lbs... I like what y’all wrote so far, so I’ll keep reading! Good luck!
  • GottaLose23
    Options
    P.S. - going for a jog!
  • kpurnelljr
    kpurnelljr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm trying to lose closer to 40 lbs & am down 13lbs so far. Started at 225 lbs looking to get to 175 lbs. Currently at 212 lbs. Let's do this everyone!!!
  • zagfans
    zagfans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been working hard to be more active and I'm logging everything I eat and drink. My problem . . . . . drum roll please . . . . WINE.
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Had a bad weigh in this morning but I wasn't surprised, was pretty relaxed in what I ate and drank this weekend but getting back at it today with 45 minutes on the Elliptical and 30 minutes of strength training. Egg for breakfast, salad for lunch and a whole bunch of water in between. Feeling optimistic today, hope everyone had a great weekend and welcome newbies! It's always great to see new people join and post their journey on here :)
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am in but I started at 186 three weeks ago, I weighing for the 1st time tomorrow morning - wish me luck!
  • GottaLose23
    Options
    Trying to keep this near the top of the posts so I can find it!
    Day 2, and 2k calories isn’t really all that difficult - as long as I skip EVERY snack and stay away from delicious dinners out...
    Will be totally worth it if I can lose that 1-1.5 lbs per week!
    Hope everyone is successful!!!
    M
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    Trying to keep this near the top of the posts so I can find it!
    Day 2, and 2k calories isn’t really all that difficult - as long as I skip EVERY snack and stay away from delicious dinners out...
    Will be totally worth it if I can lose that 1-1.5 lbs per week!
    Hope everyone is successful!!!
    M

Just bookmark it by clicking the star. To find it again go to Communities—>speech ballon in upper top left on phone—>stars
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    File is failing to upload or I’d show a screenshot.
  • karinaskorner
    karinaskorner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Retired RN just cancelled my WW acct. It was successful to a point but didn't agree with them stating they are health-conscious knowing it's just a business selling their unhealthy products. Was down to goal last month but started slipping. Lost 20 but need to lose 25 more so really enjoyed this site previously and the fact that it's FREE is a bonus. I play tennis and walk so the activity isn't as much a problem as the food choices and portion control. Will keep my calories in around 1250/day and use my garman to keep track of calories burned!
  • CarolAshby57
    CarolAshby57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m dieting for the first time in years and 25 lbs. lost would be perfect! This app is new but I already know it’s going to be so helpful in reaching my goal! Two days in and I’m missing my sweets!
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    I’m dieting for the first time in years and 25 lbs. lost would be perfect! This app is new but I already know it’s going to be so helpful in reaching my goal! Two days in and I’m missing my sweets!

Glad to have you onboard! Those cravings will get easier.
  • xOlaf
    xOlaf Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'd like to join as well!! After my one week long vacation, I ballooned up to 165 lbs, my heaviest ever :( I'm now down to 154 lbs, so 25 more lbs would be perfect!! (I'm also short)

So far, this weight loss thing has been fairly doable for me. I'm 3 weeks in. No longer feeling hungry or restricted. I eat 1200 cals daily, but I no longer restrict what I eat, just the amount I eat. I do reward myself with a "bad" meal once or twice a week - fast food or whatever it may be. Strict calorie counting the rest of the time and I walk 2-3 miles a day, 5 days a week.
  • brocktoon666
    Options
    No breakfast and a light lunch today. Just vegan Mac and cheese and a slice of ham. Great to be back on the train, but weather has been absolute garbage, so my daily walks are on hold. But I’ve started doing body squats to increase mobility and to get DOMS out the way before I start lifting. Hope everyone is faring well today!
  • GottaLose23
    Options
    Hope y’all are losing the lbs!
    I went to a hockey game yesterday and maxed out my calories for the day, even after factoring my run... didn’t go over though, and in all reality, I kinda needed that. Down two lbs in three days - though I know it may be fleeting.
    Regardless of not having “friends” on here, it’s cathartic to write out my plight; after all, it is the first time I’ve actually had to and wanted to go on a calorie counting diet... I’ve become less active with my boys and now have “dad bod”!
    Good luck everyone!
    M
  • newway2b
    newway2b Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to be in ya party too ... I have 2lbs to lose. ;)
  • xOlaf
    Options
    Hope you guys are doing well! I was craving fries yesterday, I mean, REALLY craving them. So I went and got a small fries at MCD and it was the best thing ever Lol. I did eat healthy the rest of the day and there's no guilt there at all.

I wish we could make a group chat of some sorts :(
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    xOlaf wrote: »
    Hope you guys are doing well! I was craving fries yesterday, I mean, REALLY craving them. So I went and got a small fries at MCD and it was the best thing ever Lol. I did eat healthy the rest of the day and there's no guilt there at all.

It's always good to indulge every now and again as long as you don't over do it. I gave in to some deep fried mozzarella sticks last night at dinner and they were delicious. Only felt slightly guilty about it but it also makes me want to eat healthier today so kind of a win ;) I enjoy reading everyone's posts on here everyday and I wish everyone of you the best on your weight loss journey.
  • xOlaf
    Options
    mz144 wrote: »
    xOlaf wrote: »

It's always good to indulge every now and again as long as you don't over do it. I gave in to some deep fried mozzarella sticks last night at dinner and they were delicious. Only felt slightly guilty about it but it also makes me want to eat healthier today so kind of a win ;) I enjoy reading everyone's posts on here everyday and I wish everyone of you the best on your weight loss journey.

I completely agree!! I think the reason why my "diets" have failed so quickly in the past was because I restricted myself too much too fast and didn't think of it as a lifestyle change. I think once we're able to accept the idea that we can honestly eat anything we want but just in appropriate portions, it becomes much easier. I went to the buffet on Sunday too because it was my Dad's bday. I was back to strict calorie counting on Monday, and now a few days later, not only did I not gain but have lost another pound!