Replies

• jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My husband has had a vasectomy, should I log it differently? :devil:

I wonder if that's less sodium.

Less protein, for sure.

Good idea, I need to cut back on my protein

Is there a search option to find the women on the board that are tracking these calories? I mean, just for science.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!
    i log housework if i break a sweat (usually only on my deep clean days) and i log my grocery store walking because i dance in the aisles while shopping (weirdo lol)
  • beckhole69
    beckhole69 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband has had a vasectomy, should I log it differently? :devil:

I wonder if that's less sodium.

Less protein, for sure.

Good idea, I need to cut back on my protein

Is there a search option to find the women on the board that are tracking these calories? I mean, just for science.

Make a thread and see bahaha
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I once saw someone log 2 minutes of food preparation. I think their burn was 5 calories.

I literally lol'd
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I have an MFP pal that actually logged eating p***y. Yep. It's in there :laugh:
  • csontos
    csontos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've seen the food prep being logged AND 1 girl used to log fishing from the river bank EVERY day for any where from 60 mins to 120+ minutes. The calories MFP used to calculate for a burn! Fishing is just standing there, how does that burn anything? Unless you are hauling in Jaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read that as "hauling in Jews" and I was so confused for about ten minutes.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think I once logged 8 pints of Guinness under "Snacks"

I've done that before too. I have also logged it under dinner at other times. Seemed legit to me at the time :drinker:

Most of the alcohol I log goes under snacks....wait I acually have a regular entry for alcohol under all meals and snacks.
    Im going to start making exercise entries called "beer drinking 20 CPH", "wine 15 CPH" etc.

I have seen "giving blood". I guess your body burns extra calories replacing the blood but the burn happens over a few days.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Midol logged as a snack right between chocolate bars.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Cat food.

The vet recently changed my cat to this Calming Food with tryptophan, because she was losing hair from the stress of having a little monster toddler chasing her. Anyway I tasted one of the biscuits for interests sake and because I'm a freak. That gave me an idea and I searched cat food on MFP and it's bloody in there! People have been logging cat food! Weirdos.

Maybe people are helping their fat cats diet. :laugh:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    1080 calories burned for 360 minutes of driving.
    That means that in my recent drive from IL to WY I burned 3600 calories...GO ME!!!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I recently added a post that got a few people angry about overestimating calorie burns and underestimating general food intake. One person posted that someone logged smoking a cigarette, 20 calories burnt. I want to now what other things have you seen people log that have made you laugh.

Yeah, I imagine if it's something you do everyday, like smoke or prep your food, you shouldn't count it. A certain amount of calories expended doing these types of tasks is already included by default when you choose you "daily activity level" in your profile. A person who logs little things like this will end up defeating their own efforts.

That said, the people on here getting their shorts in a knot over other peoples' logs need to mind their own. I have seen some truly snotty, self-righteous people on these boards, and (last time I checked) condescension never helped anyone lose any weight.

;)

yup, it's important that people log at all as at least a first step in improving their life. looking thru to judge like this isn't helpful to anyone. Especially posting derogatory threads about it. Talk about unsupportive.

this post was not meant to offend or criticize anyone, unlike what you guys are doing. We have actually found some really funny things here and that was the whole point.

are those things funny to the people that posted them in their diaries? You are making fun of people that came here to try and CHANGE THEIR LIFE FOR THE BETTER. I think this thread is despicable. Maybe if people were posting things THEY do, it would be cute adn funny and what not... but to make fun of people on their (your) friends list? Come on, how low is that? You add people as a support network. Maybe they are really having a hard time and putting Something down, anything!!!! to help them feel motivated. maybe it is that first step in working up to other exercise...... and now you're making fun of them? Do you think they won't be reading this?

Verbal bullying is what this is. I think if you're laughing and it's not at yourself you should be ashamed.
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wait so smoking burns 400 calories a pack???? I should never have quit! LMAO

This is exactly where my brain went LOL.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Good thing I keep my blog private! I wouldn't wanna make one of these posts
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Wii fit- again, no. You're playing video games, and probably not working up a sweat.

Actually I can work up a bit of a sweat playing Wii tennis. I really hit hard and since starting it this week, the tops of my arms have been aching. I also try to swing my body as much as I can. So these are the reasons I count it :smile:
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Every now and then my sister will log something like 2 minutes of sex. Makes me laugh when it pops up.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    OMG thanks for the laugh guys! This is some of the funniest stuff I have seen in a while. On a serious note though, i just wanted to add that when I started MFP I did not log my exercise for fear of ridicule. But I kept it written down for me to see somewhere else. Lets face it many of us who started this journey were overweight AND depressed. Thus our lifestyles were pretty much sedentary. So when I actually started mowing the lawn again or heading out for a leisurely walk with the dog. Dam right I was proud of myself. Even 5 minutes of the treadmill was tons more then I had been doing for the past two years. But i do think that sperm, smoking a cigarette. and sex probably shouldn't be logged ( or maybe it should just to make us laugh) LMAO

PS. lets all remember to be kind to the newbies as they begin their journeys. Maybe walking to the mail box to get the mail IS the most activity they have gotten for a while :)
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "so and so has burned 0 calories by playing on MFP instead of going to the gym." ;-)

lol - love that :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Agree Jillian! Walking IS exercise for sure. I always logged It. Can't say it's hurt me any ;)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Trying to use squeezy Marmite in a sub-zero kitchen - I think I burned 1 calorie and logged it as strength :wink:
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Every now and then my sister will log something like 2 minutes of sex. Makes me laugh when it pops up.

lol :) this would make me laugh too :)